News...

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Jul 20, 2012.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just been reading the news online...

shootings at batman, dead bodies and stabbings in my small English town, and a variety of other terrible crimes....and people question whether it's safe to come to Cancun for seven days at an All Inclusive in the Hotel Zone...

this is one mixed up world...:biggrinbandit:

2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ...add stabbings and shootings back home, reject kids throwing rocks at trains etc.

"Scary Mexico".... ;)

3. adamnterri

adamnterri Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 0
    i tought this only happened at championship games but cancun is safe is as it gets.after couple drinks, (long time blackburn fan)

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I don't have the official count, but tourists are pouring into Cancun, and the Riviera Maya. Our favorite place on Isla Mujeres has been booked solid every time we've gone out there in recent months. We got one of the last rooms available for Monday and Tuesday night, earlier this week, and it's not even high season for Mexican tourists yet.

A lot of tourists at Isla this week were from Scandinavia: the giveaway was blond women over 2 meters tall!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Makes me miss home, hehe :)

Schools out for summer, so its packed with locals. The HZ is packed. Nothing close to Easter, but still packed.

Ps. And I do NOT miss the random "SPRIIIIIIIIIING BREAAAAAAAAAK M************s!!" :D

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw roving bands of WELL BEHAVED and POLITE Brazilian teens and young adults last week at Plaza Las Americas and nearly every day. Early in the week 4 buses unloaded, about 10 minutes apart.

Tour leaders had black and yellow clothing and black and yellow backpacs. They arrived in black and yellow shiny tour buses, also from Brazil. Not sure how that worked. I thought we had been invaded by some sort of Bumble Bee convention.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,615 / 14
    We had some people lined up to join us at TTR for their first time, never having set foot in Mexico, last year. They were nervous about what they "saw on the TV news" about "all those horrible killings."

I told them, of course, that there's one hell of a difference between Juarez, for example, and Cancun, initially. Then, I asked them if they could recognize a bad neighborhood in Houston on sight. Of course they could, and I said there you go. When in Cancun, stay together, don't go to a scary part of town, and you'll be just fine. In fact, act just like you would at home in Houston, and you'll be fine.

Some of the Narcos shot each other up in one of the border towns across from someplace in Arizona (I forget the name) and they cancelled.

Stacia and I, of course, came to TTR and had a fantastic time (see the 2012 pics on Twinimini's fotki page), met some new friends-for-life (shout out to Tom & Deb, Adam & Terri), saw some old friends (Janet & Wade), and generally got mostly naked and all-the-way hammered, did a Boobs Cruise for the first time, had tremendously entertaining in-room couple-based exercise while laughing our asses off until it got too intensely great to laugh anymore - air needed for panting - and slept like crocodiles after eating a fattened calf.

In other words, a typical trip to TTR. When we got back, they said they "were scared for us," to which I told them they suck and missed out.

8. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YET.. there are STILL people that live here in Cancun, from US or Canada, who still finds Cancun to be a scary, backwards and terrible place to live. And DON'T EVER try to compare the NOB to Cancun. They get over defensive and attack you. I wish they would get the heck out of here and allow us who enjoy it to the max to live in peace. (THANK GOOOOOODNESS THEY DON'T POST HERE)
    *as a side note, there is no reason to post that they should just leave. That is the obvious solution, but they rather be a thorn in our side for all eternity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice