Newbies With Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Eclipse11, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Eclipse11

Eclipse11 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hey all. The Mrs and I are heading to Temptation for the first time, last week of July. Had a couple quick questions for the veterans, LOL.

- We booked a “trendy ocean view room”. What part of the resort are these located in? Do they overlook the quiet pool, or at least overlook into the Temptation resort itself, or are some of these room potentially overlooking the resorts to the sides. Hoping we don’t get stuck with a room that has views of the other resorts. Is there an area we should politely request when checking in?

- Do all rooms have hot tubs on the balconies?

- Do people usually tip in US$ or in Pesos?

- What time do the theme nights start and is it a mandatory dress code for the theme nights or just an optional dress up?

2. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    1: Old part of the resort.
    2: IDK
    3: Only jacuzzi and lush rooms have tubs on the balcony.
    4: Although it’s debated, I think the general consensus is that they prefer pesos.
    5: It’s not mandatory, but if you don’t, you’ll wish you had.

3. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Many of the trendy ocean view are in the U=shaped building around the Quiet Pool, in what is called the Relax wing. We had one 2 weeks ago that faced the "courtyard" where the quiet pool, Italian restaurant, and She are located. We loved this location (8000 block room, 9000 is third floor, 1000 is 4th floor), as you are in between the sexy pool and the quiet pool. It's a short walk to everything, IF you are in a room on the Sexy Pool side of the Relax wing. The far side of the wing is quite a long walk, relatively speaking. We prefer the 2nd floor, as there are no elevators.

Some of the trendy oceanview are on the opposite side of the resort, in the Chill wing (rooms #1111 - 1948). We personally find this involves too much walking (we are always going back to the room to do/get something), but there are nice trendy oceanview rooms in the Chill wing.

Feel free to ask to view your room before you have the bellhop bring your bags there. That's what we did 2 weeks ago. We actually booked a trendy garden room, and when we didn't like our room in the Chill wing, we ended up with a trendy oceanview room on the side of the "U" closest to the Sexy Pool, which we loved. If you have booked for a busy time, you will have fewer options for changing your room. Keep in mind that the ocean view from many of the trendy oceanview rooms involves standing out on your balcony and looking left or right. This is why we haven't bothered to pay for oceanview in the past. But it is still better than a trendy garden room, which commonly involves a view of a wall or parking lot.

Ultimately, you will find that at this resort more than any other, you spend little time in your room...just to sleep and shower...so don't get too fussed if your room does not exactly meet your expectations.

4. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    upload_2019-7-15_21-2-34.jpeg

Good questions.

We stayed in various ocean view rooms around the resort and all are nice. When they take you to your room if it’s not nice enough then suggest to ask for another.

No Ocean view rooms have hot tubs on the deck that we are aware of. Would recommend building I to be nearest the action but no rooms in your room class will face other resorts directly that I am aware of.

upload_2019-7-15_21-5-4.jpeg

Best to tip in Pesos so staff don’t have to pay to exchange it so they can spend it.

Its not mandatory theme participation and some will wear it to dinner but most dress sexy for dinner and then dress for theme in time for entertainment at Bash and then party and dance after.

5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Good work, Kath. I was too lazy to track down the resort map last night. I knew some kind soul would post it!

Agreed that Bldg 1 would be the best location and best view. Our room in Relax had a dodgy ocean view, but we loved the location.

I tried to redeem myself here this morning for my laziness last night by rounding up the link to the page on Oyster.com that has tons of photos and a 360 deg panorama of ocean view rooms, including photos of the views from the Relax wing, but the link would not work for me today. Here it is, in case it will work for other people:

Temptation Cancun Resort Detailed Review, Photos & Rates (2019) | Oyster.com

6. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    Just a note on building I ocean view rooms. The first floor rooms have virtually no view as they face the ramp or the entertainment staff building at that end of the sexy pool. The really nice part though is that you are steps away from the sexy pool.

The second floor rooms on the left side of the building (looking from the ocean, rooms 1921-1924) have partially blocked views due to the ramp. The remaining rooms on the second floor (1925-1928) as well as all 3rd and 4th floor rooms have unobstructed views.

If you aren't thrilled with a lot of stairs, the 3rd and 4th floor rooms can be accessed easily from the lobby on the gift shop side reducing the climb compared to starting at the pool level. You can use the ramp to get from the pool to the lobby.

The shows at Bash start at 10pm. And that is 10pm almost to the second.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice