Newbies Going In April! Any Advice Welcome

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 2Puck, Oct 14, 2021.

1. 2Puck

2Puck Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    We originally planned to go before Covid struck the planet…..
    We are staying in the Bash tower (hope this is an excellent selection) & know our theme nights. Some advice I’ve researched: streamers for AC, magnet for patio door (I saved that over a year ago and can’t remember why), command strips, sticky notes to labels cabinets, yeti cups, sun screen, waterproof pool bag….

Tipping: We’ve always stayed at Sandals resorts all inclusive and no tipping allowed (would love to know about tipping at TTR).
    Boobs Cruise looks fun- may try that out.
    Theme nights: Do most people dress-up? Men and Women or mostly women?
    Restaurants: Not huge seafood eaters, what’s delish?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and respond

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. MrandMrsSmith

MrandMrsSmith Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 1
    Welcome to the party!

We are more than overdue now for our return trip which is scheduled April 14-21!

Here’s a few answers…

Tower Rooms are nice. We never stayed in them as we prefer the Quiet Pool Area and Plush Jaccuzi rooms but visited friends in the Tower and it’s nice. Rooms are a bit larger too!

We had brought some suction hooks for the bathroom and one of the most clever trick we’ve seen was a cheap shoe holder that you put behind doors to get more space in the bathroom (may not be an issue in the Tower as I believe bathrooms are larger). We didn’t find that the cabinetry was that confusing.

Tip as you feel comfortable. The staff appreciates and most will recognize you and offer you special attention when they see you around. We give a good tip to one server around the pool when we het there and every couple of drinks and honestly never run empty! Same at Bash at night… find a server and stick with her/him, you’ll get good service ;)

Theme night participation varies depending on the crowd. Mr. here enjoys taking part and we both see it as a mark of appreciation for those women who put everything to impress with their costumes and lingerie!

Romanza, the Italian Restaurant is good. Sutra is also a good option. Room service is great and don’t miss the food at lunchtime at the Skybar, the best in our opinion!

Any questions you have, don’t hesitate to ask, you’re at the right place! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    Tipping isn't required, but most have developed friendships with some of the staff and they work hard to make our stays comfortable and fun. I personally like to reward that when possible.

Boobs Cruise is a fun day. If you do it, make it as early in your trip as you can. Great way to meet a lot of people you will see for the rest of your stay.

Theme nights are hit and miss on dressing up depending on the crowd. If your dates fall in with the April Addicts group, participation could be at 80%. Women and men participate with women slightly higher rate. But don't skip out if participation is low. It is part of the experience. And a lot of fun.

I really like the Italian and Asian restaurants. May not be a popular opinion, but I prefer the table service over the hibachi in the Asian. "She" is very different and gets mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it the couple of times I tried. Sensual, interesting, and relaxed. And try to escape to the rooftop pool at least once for lunch.

4. 2Puck

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    great advice and information! Thank you so much We will try the sky bar for sure and get the suction cup hooks vs command strips. I love costumes so we will probably will do the themes anyway…. So fun! I agree with the tipping, they work so hard.

Thanks again!

5. 2Puck

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    i agree! I feel like we are most excited about theme nights and dancing! We just love to have fun and socialize. Thanks for all the info

6. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Tower Rooms are awesome....

Tipping, We always tip Room Service $5 to $10 a day depending on how much we wreck the room the night before. Just leave the money on the bed. Drink Service we tip $2 to $3 a drink. Sometimes I will just drop a $20 at the beginning of the night and the bartenders take good care of us. I know we end up tipping a lot at Bash just because they are busy AF and we really want them to be taken care of. Meals we tip $5 per.

Just go and dont sweat the small stuff everything will fall into place.

Have Fun..

7. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    extra hangers ( they are stingy about them in the Bash tower rooms, there are maybe 6-8 and if you ask for more they give you only a couple, so I bring about a dozen cheap wire hangers)
    HDMI cord (phone/device to TV)
    Small, single serve packet of laundry detergent (For gym gear or anything if so inclined to wash in the sink)
    Ibuprofen, Benadryl, Pepto-Bismol (just in case)
    A bottle of your favorite liquor (if so inclined) with disposable shot glasses.
    multi tool (never know when you will need a screwdriver or a knife)

Tipping....Everyone is different, some tip up front, others at the end, others with every drink/service. I normally figure about $35 a day (for food/drinks) and usually come home with left over tip money. Other tipping expenses are: USA Transfers (greeter and driver), bell hop (coming and going), greeter at TTR, daily room service (yup, money on the bed), Towel attendant at sexy pool, spa service (if so inclined). By the end of the trip I'll have orphaned (wet) singles everywhere.

And yes... Dress for the theme nights (I don't know what to do about Circus night in 2022, like WTF). Not many places or opportunities for this. A lot of the fun is prepping and getting Amazon/Yandy/etc orders in the mail (and then returns). Hint...less is more (don't overthink or over complicate)

8. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I LOVE the shoe holder trick! Took one that has clear pockets (so you can see what's in there) and hung it on the back of the bathroom door last visit. It had enough pockets to hold all the tiny stuff, from hair brushes, makeup, medications, jewellery, accessories etc. (split into different theme nights). Best decision ever. Saved so much time and frustration having to drag the cases onto the bed every day and rummage though it to find the right piece of tiny jewellery or makeup. So much neater too. I'm sure the maid was thankful not having all that crap laid out all over the counters.

I also take a small clothes rack that I put on the balcony, but that's pretty extreme. It takes up about half a case and I have to pack clothes around it, but it's so worth it to me. I take a small bottle of liquid washing powder and wash swimwear and anything I'll be wearing again, leave it on the clothes rack to dry. I found suction hooks in the bathroom always fell down and clothes never got fully dry in the bathroom either.

So I guess small tip from me, if you're going for a week or more, separate any theme night accessories into separate bags (I use sandwich bags), it's easier to find stuff kept together when you're half drunk or in a rush to get ready. I also bring about 10 hangers from home. You don't get many in the wardrobe, and they're the kind that are permanently attached to the rail. I like my own so I can hang everything up (out of the way and not rummaging through the shelves to find anything) and can remove the hanger to take the clothes off.

Also make sure to use the safe. It's better to use it than be sorry. Get into the habit of keeping it locked, unlock to take something out and lock right back up again. Also remember to keep the patio door locked too. Petty theft has been known to occur.

9. freakygeek

freakygeek Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    [​IMG]

10. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Just like MacGyver, never leave home without it! We fix stuff every time we go. Takes 30 seconds and saves annoyance in the long run.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice