Newbie Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Summerbaby, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Summerbaby

Summerbaby Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I’d been meaning to post this but got busy.
    I stayed at Temptation from July 23rd- August 1st with 2 friends all singles in our mid/late 20s from nyc (had a few other friends come later in the week). I’m going to start off by saying this was my first ever all inclusive resort experience I always cruise so I have nothing to compare it to besides cruising and hotels. I’ll break my experience up…

Room: we stayed in the trendy garden view (ocean sold out). Everything worked fine, room was clean and didn’t have any issues with the AC. The space was kind of cramped for 3 people and the view was of the parking lot so I never utilized the balcony because I didn’t like the view. The decor of the room wasn’t what I expected based on the pictures on the website. The room was just grey lol none of those fun colors and designs they have posted online. Overall I’d give the room 6/10.

Food: I really enjoyed the buffets for breakfast. I wasn’t too crazy about the options for lunch I ended up getting burgers from by the pool more often than going for the lunch buffet. And for dinner we went to the different restaurants most nights. Personal favorite was the hibachi and seafood, so so good! My friends and myself did get sick at one point in the trip. Not sure if it was the buffet food or our stomachs not being used to the food but we all got sick at different points in the trip so I highly suggest you travel with some kinda of medicine for upset stomachs/nausea just incase. Also they make this drink at the resort thats supposed to help with hangovers called Suero, I drank it for my upset stomach while sick and it really helped so I recommend it if you experience the same thing out there. Overall I give the food 8/10.

Entertainment: now I’m going to be honest. I was not feeling the music at all which really kind of killed my mood for the first few nights going to bash, I didn’t stay nearly as long as I typically would stay out at other places. Too much edm/house/techno versions of songs that weren’t originally that. The music at bash didn’t get good for me until maybe the last 3 nights I was there. Couple of people I met said they were asking the DJs to play certain songs and that seemed to be when the music got better to me lol. The music at the sexy pool was better at some points than at bash in my opinion. We ended up going downtown to the strip and just skipping the theme nights a few times because we were tired of the music. The performances were really nice though. Also the playmakers are great. They made the sexy pool very lively. I did wish they had more activities to do. I’m used to cruises where you can always find something different to do and it wasn’t really like that at the resort and all activities were poolside. Some indoor ones would’ve been cool. Overall I give the entertainment 5/10

Security/safety: so before we even fully checked in I lost my wallet I asked for help the first time and they were kind of telling me to wait and no one was coming so I went up a second time and was more firm about it and security came out and asked what my wallet looked like and luckily he had it and everything was there. 2 nights in the trip our room door started not fully closing, we came back to the room a few times and the door was open. We had to call the front and they had to come and fix the door. Fixed it and had no issues. In regards to photos I did see a few people above the pool area taking pics and I don’t think security noticed but the times they did they would tell them to delete the pictures. Finally someone in the cleaning staff threw away a bag of souvenirs I had. I had spoke to the front desk and they told me they’d contact the head of cleaning staff. No one got back to me the first day so I went back the second day. I was then told I had to write a report. Security came and checked the room to see if maybe we misplaced the bag I guess. He didn’t find anything so he said he’d go talk to the staff. He didn’t get back to me so on the third day I went back and complained again and they had me speak to the head of the cleaning staff I believe, or a manger (honestly not sure at this point lol) but they pretty much told me it’s been 3 days they don’t know why no one reported to them as if it was the first time they were hearing about it. They ended up giving me a spa service to make up for my items being thrown out which was nice. Overall experience 8/10

Drinks: the drinks weren’t too strong. You’re better off getting a shot to go alongside with your drinks lol. 6/10

Diversity: overall there weren’t a ton of people in my age range while there or singles while we were there but maybe it depends when you’re there. We’re all in our mid/late twenties. It was more people in maybe their mid/late 30s and up. Everyone was really friendly. We had more of our age group downtown at the strip though.

Pool: the pools are nice. I never got a chance to visit the quiet pool but my friend did and she liked it. Be mindful the pools are kind of deep lol. I’m 5’9 and it was at my chest. Also if you want a good seat by the sexy pool be out there at 7/8am put your towels down and bring some chair clips so no one can try and sit on your chairs (or bring your own personal beach towels). Overall 9/10

My experience overall: overall the experience was ok. I wouldn’t stay for as long as I did this first trip but I’d go back for maybe a weekend or so and with a bigger group. Overall experience 7/10

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  2. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    Great report! Found it quite interesting coming from your age demographic. Happy you got your wallet back!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Thanks for the great report. I think this perspective is pretty interesting because it speaks to what a lot of repeat visitors always say. Temptation USUALLY offers the best experience to couples mid 30's and up that have experienced a little bit of life. Not saying you and your crew haven't...but it's just one of places where people go when they have stopped caring so much about the little things in life and instead want to live it with more abandon.

Hey--there's always the Temptation cruise to try as well ;)

4. Summerbaby

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Thank you! Me too! That was the most stressful start to a vacation I’ve ever had lol. But I was glad nothing was missing. I also locked all my accounts as soon as I noticed so no one was getting anything but the cash I had in there

5. Summerbaby

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I could definitely see it being something to do with a significant other for sure. Yeah, I’m very big on music and entertainment so if it’s lacking that I’m in a bad mood lol. Id go back to the resort though. I do think if I go back to Cancun soon I want to check out Royalton Chic. I was torn between there and Temptation when I was planning the trip. And I hear the cruise gets crazy

6. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    nailed the report. As stated, you sound like a repeater. Scan the forums and you're sure notice many of the same comments about food, cameras, music, etc. over and over.

I am surprised by the souvenir issue. Could have been because many guests bring gifts and leave them for the cleaning staff so could have been a mistake, but doesn't sound likely. I once had a charging cable go bad so I placed it in the trash. My cleaner made sure to find me in the room later in the day with the cord to ask if I dropped it in by accident. That is the service I am used to.

And don't worry, us older singles also wish it wasn't so couples oriented, but we still keep coming back. Some of the friends I talk with most were made at the resort. Over the last few years the crowd has been trending younger and may slowly evolve closer to your age group. Or at least over time you'll move into the current demographics. Glad you enjoyed overall and can be forgiving of the defects in our favorite place.

Also, we are slowly building up some singles groups with events a couple of times a year. Still mostly 30s and 40s though. Had a group of 120 in May, another group will be there this weekend, and another in planning for the week after Thanksgiving.

7. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Good report, Sounds like you had a great time..

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    According to the TR from the O/P's 20-something (no offense, I'm called a 50-something) even she didn't have the most awesome visit to "Today's TTR."

Ugh... I'm not feeling the pull... someone help. Post an awesome little story about someone having a great time doing bodyshots, or a great balcony show... something!

9. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    How about winning a pool competition and having to run around the pool naked !!.... tequila to celebrate midnight.... and naked tequila volley ball...in the sports pool ( O.tuck, forgot it's not there any longer LOL)...oh, happy days

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice