New Years Eve...???

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by elleboogs, Dec 27, 2010.

1. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Everyone!!!

We are trying to figure out what to do for New Years Eve this year, and aren't hearing much. Our initial plans have fallen through, and now we are faced with nada to do.

Does anyone know of any events here in el centro?? Or even the HZ??

Much appreciated!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :)

:flagcanada:

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard CoCo Bongo is $160 pp. I almost passed out today when I was told that. We need to stay in contact if we do hear anything. I got nothing right now either. I was counting on you...lol

3. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i know the party at sweet will be great, dont know if i am going :(

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    160 per person! I've never known it that cheap, especially New Years when they charge stupid money normally? Is that open bar or just entrance and you have to buy a bottle? We're all heading there on Saturday.

5. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow - $160 p/p?? That is awfully cheap if we are talking pesos!!

I've never been to Sweet - I know, I'm lame. What kind of atmosphere is it??

We went to the Omni a few years ago and it was alright. I'm assuming most of the hotels are throwing something similar - dinner, drinks, and a dj.

Tor - I'll keep you posted as I know we were probably hooking up. Let me know if you hear of anything, and I"ll let you know what I hear. Worst case?? Party en mi casa or something! Haha - certainly cheaper :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!:biggrinbandit::biggrinbandit::beer4:

6. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sweet is always good, just make sure you say hello to Eloir (the Mad Hatter), he's a great laugh. Daddy-O is my favorite in Cancun on a Friday, as it has the best music and the drummers too. Bulldog and Basic are just basically youth clubs now, full of 13 year old girls being sick and not wearing enough clothes, no idea how they stay open.

7. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are u ppl nuts? $160 US pp. Its a regular night. A lil more glitz and glamour, but nothing more. Its four times the normal cost. If it was pesos, that is where I would be. Carlos and charlies is 80 us pp. RIP OFF as will be the rest of the hz

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,254 / 14
    Kinda thought the same Tori, 160 has to be dollars not pesos -considering a normal night out at Coco Bongo is 60 USD. Had a few enquiries from tourists re Captain Hook, and their price is $150 (dollars) as opposed to $85 or so on a normal night. I'm almost ashamed to tell them.

I expect most HZ places pay their staff double or smthg for working NYE .... but even so.

9. mormis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    unfortunately Eloir went home for holidays :( i dont think he will be back till next year, he told me but i certainly cant remember haha

Im waiting to hear from my friend about sweet, ill post it here as soon as i know

10. mormis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    heard back from him (love blackberry messenger hahaha) if you can prove that you are a local its 450 pesos and it includes dinner with turkey, fish, shrimp, pasta, salads, entrees and open bar... now if you cant prove that you are a local... the same for 700 pesos...

doesnt sound like a bad idea, if anyone is in, let me know to put a group together and make the reservation with my friend

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice