New wrinkles at INM, Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jul 19, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I don't think I've mentioned it, but those lucky enough to have been in No Inmigrante status have had an easier time meeting the four year test: their prorrogas were counted, and noted, on the back of their hard card, even when some of those years were prior to the introduction of the hard card.

My wife had two years on the "booklet" and two years on the hard card: all counted towards the four year requirement. I had changed from FM3 to FM2 so did not have that continuity of status. (Irrelevant to me, as I applied for perm residency based on points, which have no such requirement).

2. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had 4 years with an fm2, which is "inmigrante", with the booklet and then with the card. The fm3 is the "no inmigrante". I don't think it matters whether you had the booklet or card for 4 years, but I think it does matter that the 4 years be with an fm2. Has someone successfully used the years of fm3 to get permanent residency?

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It matters not at all, the new law specifying that both are characterized as temporary residency.

My wife's application for permanent residency, which has been accepted, was based on four years in No Inmigrante status (former FM3).

Where I'd have had a possible issue, if the point system hadn't been available to me, is that I didn't have four years in either....

4. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let us know when she actually gets approved. I've found over 11 years that "being accepted" at the counter is irrelevant.

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Not exactly irrelevant, Tristan, but not the end of the story, as you know.

My opinion of the law and what it means is based on my reading of it, nothing more. I expect her to be approved. I´ll let the readers know, as soon as I know, either way!

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    motorave49,

I discovered for sure today that you are not joking around. This nice lady got screwed over big time based on your explanation. Very sad.

I ran I to her one time in Mega, the only time I ever saw her other than at INM. I only hope and pray that my stepping out of the line a few weeks ago and greeted her for like 5 seconds had zero to do with this.

If you know her, send her MY regards.

Thanks,
    TJ.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    T.J., I don't think you have to blame yourself- you're not the one who was being paid to deal with the public in a manner such as to avoid the appearance of favored treatment.

Any excessive expression of pleasure in dealing with a client of INM, such as Mari may have engaged in, was out of line for her- risks causing others present to think someone is getting special treatment or favors of some kind- and she could have rebuffed your clinch and said something to you about that being inappropriate for a person in her position.

Being "nice" to an excessive degree can get you fired in an office like that....

Some of her colleagues may have wondered why she took your last case "out of turn," cutting the process time to just eight days when others wait weeks for the same thing. She has no one to blame but herself.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V,

I understand your comment but Mari was never "out of line" unless being friendly, helpful and smiling is out of line. She was always very professional with me and others I know who we're lucky enough to get in her line. I had the pleasure of being in that category the last two years.

Maybe she should start a business of helping people thru this maze. I would be a client. Yesterday I was in line outside for exactly 1.5 hours and I think only 15 people got admitted. At 1 pm I was 6th in line and got in about 1:10. The inside line moved very quickly. Not sure why it was creeping slowly along when I got there and you were a few places ahead of me.

9. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im still a few months away from applying for the dreaded and much looked forward to Permanent Resident visa(woohoo...)

Have a friend who, today, spent 4 hours at INM. Not only did they tell her that the photos(taken across the street from INM) where "too far away", but they also made her redo the fingerprints, twice.

Seems like the same ol' same ol' down at INM :)

Cant wait till its my turn. Im taking bets as well:

The options are:

1: Normal time for the document to be done.

2: 3-6 months.

3: 7 - 12 months.

Remind you that I hit #3 last time, on the exact day of passing 12 months ;)

Any takers?? Cough up your hard earned cash folks - its about to get wild by mid October! :D

10. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll go 100 pesos on Permanent Resident Application Declined if you give me odds of 6/1??

I just got my card today - got there at 7:45, and was out by 10:15, completed a few levels on candy crush as well :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice