New Temptation trip report

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by lens300, Oct 10, 2017.

1. miniTes

miniTes Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Trip Report.

September 30th to October 7th

This is my first trip report but I felt I needed to share.

So a little back group on us. This was our 4th time to TTR and we plan to go back.

I’m also a travel agent so I look for things others might not see.

During our stay we had quite a bit of rain. The hotel didn’t seem to be ready for this.

I’m going to break everything down Pros, Cons.

Pros

The vibe is still there. This was my biggest fear.

The hotel looks amazing from a distance. I really do love the modern look.

The staff were amazing. I’m glad this didn’t change.

The new restaurants were great.

I actually liked the music. I like EDM and latin so it worked great for me

The pool was amazing, if a little deep. We really liked the shade at the one end of the pool.

The sports bar was a major improvement. Really glad it was there during all the rain.

The butlers were great for us.

Wifi glorious wifi.

The play makers were a lot of fun. When they get up to speed they will be amazing.

Cons

These are based not on nit picking but are based on the star rating I think the hotel is going for. 4 to 5 stars. As an agent these items really do stick out. I also know we went during a soft opening.

Fit and finish needs a lot of improvement.

Slippery floors everywhere. And I mean everywhere.

Water leaks everywhere. I know its new but it was really bad.

Door locks not working. In our group of 4 rooms 2 had to have them break in through the patio door so we could get into our rooms. We both had to change rooms as the patio door was now broken.

Noise in the rooms. This is easy to fix why didn’t they do it. Large gaps under the doors that let in so much noise. This could have been fixed with a threshold with some sort of rubber weather stripping.

More stairs than before. I know that building the tower with the older buildings would be a challenge. However the going up 2 flights down a half just to get to the tower is challenging when drunk.

Accessibility for anyone with mobility issues. I don’t think there is a way to get to the lobby then from the lobby to the pool deck. Even to bash without stairs.

Bash, I loved the location. I loved the sound system and the bar. The stage however I will never dance on for the fear of falling off. It is great for the shows but where do you dance with all the seating around? It didn’t feel as intimate as Patyos. If they moved the seating at night so there was space around the stage I think this would be better.

The rooms. I really loved the look but I have to wonder how long it will last. On our 3rd room around the quiet pool it was already damaged. One of the hinges was broken, Wall paper was pealing. I really don’t think the cabinets will last.

Conclusion

We still loved it. I don’t want anyone to think we didn’t. I was just trying to be objective. We have stayed at 5 star resorts, this one isn’t a 5 star. It could be but it really has a lot to fix to get it to that point.

Some of the small things that would also help is the room key incorporated into the wrist band. Other hotels have done this and would be a big help when I’m only wearing underwear.

A different colour tile on the stairs leading to the buffet.

Maybe an instruction card on how to use the blinds and ac panel.

Thanks for reading and please be gentle I know that criticism is not always welcome but please know that I really do want the hotel to get better.

• Like Like x 24
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Thanks for taking the time to write up your findings.
    We just returned and agree with most of what you wrote having experienced similar.

Did you really stay 1 month?

3. nookiemonsters

nookiemonsters Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    "...a big help when I'm only wearing underwear..."
    Ha ha, a major consideration at this amazing resort! Can't believe they overlooked that lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. miniTes

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Sorry fixed it. sept 30th to oct 7th

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    For a moment I was extremely envious!

6. AlekLana

AlekLana Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 1
    Hello guys!!We agree with everything you wrote in trip report,and also my wife was complaining about no mirrors like in old Tamptation everywhere,all woman want look in mirror before go out to the party.We was there September 19-29. Thanks again for yours report

7. Crystal

Crystal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 1
    Thanks for taking the time to post your trip report:)
    I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the room key wrist bracelet idea!!!!
    &
    I am ABSOLUTELY terrified of the slippery floors!!!:(

8. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Great trip report, you two! Love the room key on the wristband idea! Would DEFINITELY be helpful!!

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the fair and balanced report. A couple of comments if I may, not intended to be disagreement, but talking points

Climate in Cancun is such that it rarely rains from February through August- just an occasional passing shower usually. Then from August onwards it rains frequently, often heavily and prolonged with tropical storms etc. I'm sure you can't test a hotel for watertightness until a big rain event actually happens, and they simply haven't had a big rain event happen from finish of the construction until recently.

Bash isn't slippery, walkways between rooms aren't, the pool area isn't 'as slippery' as before although I think pool areas are always prone to some slipperiness regardless. I think what it comes down to is that polished marble/porcelain tile is slippery when wet, and was placed in areas not expected to be wet - lobby, restaurants etc. They are striving for an upper scale resort and you simply cant surface your lobby and restaurants with stippled concrete or carpet and achieve the level of luxury they are striving for.

See above. Can't be tested until significant rain happens, and it never happened until after opening.

Couldn't you have gone to reception and had the key cards reprogramed or get a friend to call reception to send someone up? Breaking and entering seems a tad excessive. The guy that had to come up to fix the patio door could have been fixing something else :)

I did notice that the sliding doors are much heavier duty than previous - this certainly helps with noise from the front and with extreme weather. If noise is getting in under the door then that's a fairly easy fix one would think. Would also stop creepy crawlies getting in.

There is a ramp up to the lobby, it's steep but it is a ramp (alongside steps) otherwise vehicles wouldn't make it :) From the lobby, if you go through Bash there is the ramp down to the pool, it's quite a walk for mobility impaired but it's there. Can't recall steps from the lobby to Bash, I know there are some steps going towards the lobby bar but pretty sure that on the edge of those stairs it's flat. Not 100% on that.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  10. miniTes

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    For my room we had 8 keys made then some kind of device connected by USB. Nothing worked. Thats when they went through the balcony. We were the second in our group to have this happen including going through the balcony. This wasn't an isolated incident we heard it from a lot of guests. I would have thought they would have had a manual way to open the door but after asking multiple people they don't. We were shocked when we found out it was the only way.

The new patio doors are great. Much better than the old ones. I guess thats what surprised me about the entry door that the gap was so big. I really thought with putting all new doors they would have sealed them for sound and weather. We also had to put a towel down at the entrance as the AC and the warm air would cause condensation to form. This would also be taken care of with a threshold.

Don't get me wrong we will be back.
    I think a lot of the items can be fixed and they need some time to figure them out. I have sent an email to the resort about the same items. I just want them to get better and I think they can. Sometimes things get overlooked when so much is being done at the same time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice