New Referral Benefits - A Clarification From Premier

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Len from the Floor, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    Thought I would start a new thread about this since the change in alcohol policy for Referrals is a hot topic and I didn't want this to get lost.

I just noticed this reply by Premier to a question about premium alcohol raised by a member of the premier group on Facebook. This is an important clarification that was not included in the email or the list of benefits:

"Premier have a selection of bottles of good quality one step up from regular guests however top-shelf bottles is only for members." My note: I am certain that "Premier" means Referrals since at the end of the sentence he makes mention of members.

I had a discussion with Marco Orellana (premier member manager) when I was there about 10 days ago and he told me to expect this new "tier" of alcohol as a replacement to the top-shelf alcohol for Referrals. I was a bit surprised not to see it in the list of benefits - I am glad that they have clarified with their post. .

So, IMHO not as severe a result as it seemed on first read. While not perfect, seems to me to be a good compromise.

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Does it feel like to anyone else that Referrals are on their slow way "out?"

3. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Not sure about the "slow". Many Referrals end up paying way more than anyone else anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,162 / 7
    Len, what this actually might mean is that the Premier BAR has a selection that is one step up from regular guest bars. So since Referrals are still able to access the premier bar, they have access to these upgraded selection, but not all top tier bottles available. (I guess this is really only helpful during the day)

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Well without understanding what is included in the middle tier (don’t you love tiers by the way? Ish) it isn’t worth it. For example, my main drink is grey goose. I don’t think that would be safe to assume is middle tier. My main shot is fireball. Based on cost at a liquor store I would think this would be middle tier or even regular guests but sadly they have always treated fireball like it is some high end liquor. I love it. But high end liquor it is not :)

6. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Vodka is our choice also and was very disappointed they only had Grey Goose 1 day, and only for 1 drink at that our last trip. Like to stick with one brand, never seemed to be able to do that either!!! One of the premier guys said they only got one bottle a day of Goose, not sure if that is true. When we went to sens couple years ago, they had Stoli and it was for anyone. Stoli is our choice so we were happy lol.
    Fireball is def bottom shelf, as others have said on here Jim and Jack both make a far superior one.

7. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6

How many 'tiers' of alcohol can they keep? They already have wells and midshelf available for us lowly peons that pay cash and aren't members. If I say vodka, they pour Barton's (cheapest vodka possible, in college we paid $7 for a handle). If I say Skyy or Smirnoff they happily use that (midshelf). They keep the Grey Goose and Absolut for the black bands.

So for vodka, will they keep us lowly people from getting Smirnoff? Or will they add another brand between Smirnoff and Goose? Or are they just saying something general that's not likely to make you upset?

8. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    In a post on Facebook, Premier said they would release a list of what alcohol is included with each tier. I don't think they gave a date for doing it, but I'll keep an eye out for it and post it here when it is available.

9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 4
    As for vodka, I guess I’m fortunate. The one time I was a black band I got some Grey Goose, and really didn’t like it at all. I’m pretty fine with some regular vodka, club soda, and some mio mix added in.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Marco mentioned the tiered alcohol at my meeting a month or so ago. I was kind 0f puzzled because I was under the impression that white band could have everything (speaking Vodka terms) but Grey Goose and Ketel One. Wondered if they would have to remove something from white band to allow an effective upgrade for Referrals.

Absolut would probably fall between Smirnoff and Grey Goose. Belvedere is another Vodka they offer, not sure where that might fit.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice