New here, looking for some info

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by beard731, Jul 16, 2010.

1. beard731

beard731 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, have been reading over the forums and found a lot of great advise. My wife and I are in the planning stages of our first trip to Cancun! We talked about either Cabo or Cancun but looks like Cancun has won that! Then we narrowed down the hotels to GP and Temptation! There looks to be things that we would enjoy at both but this being are first trip are leaning to GP! The trip will either be in March/April or Sep/Oct of 2011, depends a lot on when we get money all saved up ;)

We may or may not have another couple or two coming with us.
    If anyone has thoughts on the which months would provide better weather/ more fun I'd love to know.

Also what water activities on the beach are there, I remember reading somewhere 'non-motorized' things but do not recall what that included?

2. harryballs1

harryballs1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    temptations has no jet skis but wind sulfing fre diving lessons and plenty of activitys to keep you as busy as you want and there is usuel aboob cruise each week and one every fri nite and theme nite every day of the week,

3. beard731

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info on Temptation but I was trying to get info on Golden Parnassus.

4. bigR

bigR Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Ask GCPSgirl, they are very nice and have a lot of info about GP.
    Hope this helps!

5. hrdway8

hrdway8 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    My wife and I just got back from GP yesterday celebrating 18 years of marriage. We were there 6 days and loved it. If you're looking for something more laid back, adult-only, but not as risque as Temptation then GP is a great option. The entertainment staff is great and the staff really treats you well (not to say they don't at Temptations). Wife and I are early 40's and felt right at home there. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer them since it's all still fresh in my mind.

6. beard731

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What type of water activities like wind surfing or anything like that?

7. hrdway8

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    I didn't see any GP free water sports such as kayaks, but there were at least two tents on the beach for power-rentals and there was always a para-sailer in view. Aquaworld (which is about 1/2 mile from GP) has a rep on site poolside at the GP for other rentals and excursions.

8. bigR

bigR Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    How was the nightlife at GP??

9. hrdway8

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    At the GP was ok. Probably depends on the crowd that's there. We tried hanging at the Tiki Bar (where everyone said that was the place to be and it sometimes gets a little crazy), but there was never more than 6 or 8 guests there and never did get "crazy".

We didn't go to any of the GP shows, but did go to Coco Bongo with the entertaiment staff. Cost is $50 per guy, $40 per girl and they bus you there, take you thru VIP entrance, and you have reserved seating and open bar all night (although the drinks are very watered down)... My wife had 4 fuzzy-navels and hardly felt it (and she's a "light weight")...you are on your own getting back, but that is not a problem.. buses run 24/7 there and are very safe.. don't take a cab... bus is 60 cents per person (7.5 pesos) and cab is $5.00 We were there until 3AM and the place was still hopping (I've heard they go tuntil 5-6AM in the morning).

Coco Bongo is an absolute must if you have never been there. The entertainment staff always goes somewhere each night. The GP has a schedule they give you when you arrive of all the entertaiment activities for the week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice