New 24-hour Covid Test Requirement

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Stacia_and_John, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Hey, y'all...

Anyone have insight regarding or experience with this "new" 24-hour negative test requirement to re-enter the USA which went effective December 6, 2021?

COVID-19 and Your Health

It says we/you/I have to have a "negative viral test," but... doesn't say what kind. Can I just buy apack of the home test kits and do that? Somehow... I don't think so. For those who just returned to USA from TTR and/or DRM, what did the resort do, or did you need to get a different type than what they have had available recently?

Thx!

2. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    The link you attached actually says “You must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).” It also answers your question on at home kits. The resort does antigen on site for $23 or $25 if you booked your trip prior to May 1 it’s free. You make an appt which is next to the premier checkin center and do it the day before departure. Results in an hour.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Fox&Vixen

Fox&Vixen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    The rules to enter the US state the test must be done within one day before your flight not 24 hours. If your flight is on a Saturday you can get your test done anytime on the Friday. I just did this coming from overseas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    We left Cancun November 20th. I know that was before the new rule but if you hadn't been vaccinated the rule was one day prior. I had misplaced my vaccination card and got tested at 10:00 AM the day before we left. We had 4:00 PM flight and they didn't care that I didn't have my vaccination card. I was looking for my vaccination card and when they looked at the test, he just said don't worry about it we don't need it.

5. Fox&Vixen

Fox&Vixen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    You were fortunate. I had all my paperwork including COVID test results and vaccination confirmation thoroughly checked before my flight into the US and again before I boarded on to Canada. I know it is one day prior for the US and 72 hours prior to the Canada flight if you are vaccinated. Not sure if you are unvaccinated for the US but you cannot get on a flight to/within Canada if you are not.

6. Turbot

Turbot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 1
    Just got back from the new Breathless Soul yesterday. Covid-19 test taken the day before traveling. Actually got verbal results in about 10 min. Got hard copy that afternoon. Forgot to fill out Mexican health questionnaire prior to getting to airport. Recommend you do this at resort( 24 hrs before departure), WIFI at airport was horrible . Was unable to load completed form. Hint, take a screenshot. Had to also complete a US Attest form at counter and produce Covid-19 cards.

7. cheergrap

cheergrap Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0

We just got back from a Family trip and dealt with the new rules and agree 100%. The test is easy and most all resorts help provide them. The questionnaire at the Cancun airport is what bogged everyone down. Download the app when you land and set up your account is another suggestion.

8. suendave25

suendave25 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Just got back from TTR, like others had said the test must be the day before not 24 hours. When we arrived there were QR codes to scan and schedule the test. They ere done next to Premier office. Ours was free since we book earlier others $23.00, 0r it you choice to have one done at your room $25,00. We had the results emailed in about 1/2 hour. You need a printed copy at the airport so the office printed them for you.

It was a smooth operation for us.

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Awesome! I got someone to do the work for me. Thanks, I appreciate it!

....j/k...

I bet DRM will do them gratis if you stay more than 3 nights like before... Anyone have the certain knowledge? Trip in March, don't ye know...

10. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    You DON'T need a printed copy at the airport. I've been 3 times this year and each time I filled out the info online before I went to the airport and then took a screen shot of the QR code they sent me. The wifi at the airport can be sketchy and you may have trouble pulling up the website there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice