Netflix now available in Mexico

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Probably not something I'll use but thought some of you may be interested that Netflix is now available in Mexico. One month free trial says the blurb:

https://signup.netflix.com/

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone tried this? We're thinking about getting it but we're not sure if they have enough of our favorite TV shows.

3. kellyfitz11

kellyfitz11 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG ! Ive been waiting for this ! Now if only they can get spotify, pandora, and hulu to work here Ill be set.

4. valgunn

valgunn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We use it quite a lot, in conjunction with the US site via a VPN. Some good and bad, there are less movies and TV shows--but the quality tends to be better. No doubt to syndication fee costs associated with buying rights for the American market. So it's a good mix, we can catch somethings on the Mexican site and viceversa.

5. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    valgunn: Is there a list anywhere with all the TV shows they offer? I found one on their website, but it wasn't a complete list.

6. valgunn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think so for Mexico. Instantwatcher.com is great to see what is streaming in the US. We usually just cycle through the genres on the Mexico site to pick what we want. Some real gems to be found!

7. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i had it for a couple of months and it is nowhere close to the one in the states... plus some movies are only available in spanish... i canceled it some weeks ago

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My best friend in the states loves Netflix and is always singing its praises.

Here is a question or two. If someone were to have a US billing address, and a US IP address, could you get the US version here?

Next, does anyone know if a Slingbox in the states, in conjunction with an existing Netflix account in the states, will work here? I stayed at his home at Thanksgiving and I know that the 3 TVs he has there could all be watching different shows/movies at the same time.

Gracias,

9. valgunn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We use a VPN and thus no need for a slingbox. We watch on both versions, US and Mexico, under our account that we signed up with years ago. We stream to TV, computers, ipads, and PS3. Our kids can be watching in one room, while we have something going in another. The quality is decent, though it will struggle at times with some HD programs.

For the VPN I use ProXPN which is fantastic. $5 per month for the premium version, which I highly recommend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice