Need help... Getting nervous

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by Fitzy05, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Fitzy05

Fitzy05 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hoping some people that have been before can help calm my nerves I guess. We will be at breathless next week and the more I start looking into some posts and stuff I'm worried we might be in over or heads. The wife and I are 30 and 31 and the more I read some posts it seems it's more of a spring break party resort and (not meaning to upset anyone on here) alot of swingers I guess. We like to have a good time and drink but her being topless and other stuff just isn't our style. Granted we are in the xhale so we do have the "boring" area as it seems but I like to sit at a bar drink my whiskey and meet new people. Long post I know so helpfully some people can help with easing my mind.

2. Bunz_N_Gunz

Bunz_N_Gunz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Well. Not sure what to say. People in the lifestyle are usually not pushy at all. And no one is ripping off bikinis.

I say give it a chance. You will meet the best people in the world at these resorts. People like this are experts at breaking the ice.

All I will say is that you learn to say "no we are not in the lifestyle and just here to get away from it all". And you have to say that in a non judgemental way. And u will do just fine.

The other option is to give it a day or two and u are quite easily able to switch resorts. You are in a high demand one. So u can go lots of places.

But try outside your comfort zone. See what happens.

3. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Key thing to keep in mind is “topless optional” which means you guys choose. It’s that way in all things, except timeshare sales. Haha !!

Funny story for us is that we had so many hassles at regular resorts with dudes hitting on Kath and getting handsy on her when I had my back turned or when I was in the washroom that we actually found it safer and friendlier with the lifestyle folks you mention be nervous about.

Consent to be allowed to touch is a rule & required & enforced with swingers so while they may push their own boundaries they don’t ever demand that you will.

Go & have a great time and be clear with your “not in what lifestyle thanks” answer if you happen to be asked or perhaps invited to join.

Any hassles at all just speak up & if not responded appropriately report to security as most likely it is someone who actually doesn’t know the rules and is not a swinger.

Happy holidays !!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Since this is in the Breathless forum, I'll assume you're going to Breathless and didn't post in the wrong forum.

Don't worry about the topless thing. 99.9% of others wont be topless either. There wont be many swingers either.

5. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    you'll fit right in in the boring sections of Breathless...don't worry. (not an insult...the middle and x-hale section is actually perfect for folks like you)

6. WisconsinJimmy

WisconsinJimmy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +628 / 0
    Not sure if you read the posts for Breathless. The party side can have topless and some swingers but they are not the "norm". If you are looking for hangout, drinking whiskey at the bar and meeting people stick to the middle pool. This is where the majority of people hang out. The crazy topless swingers will remain at the party pool. If you do start feeling bored in the middle pool adventurer over to the north and you may end up liking the party side.

Relax...you will fit in just fine. You won't see a single swinger or topless person if you stay in the middle pool.

7. MidwestMartini

MidwestMartini Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Nothing to be nervous about as others have stated. We were there last April and there were only roughly 3 to 6 topless on the party side each day. We were never approached by any swingers and had a great time. We spent most of the time at the party pool but the middle pool can be fun also to watch the games the staff puts on. I really enjoyed the endless snack bar at the party pool were we usually had our chairs. I'm surprised I didn't gain 10 pounds, the buffalo wings are awesome and actually scream your name when you walk by to the bar. You will have a great time!

8. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Breathless is not a worry at all. We have been there twice now and no spring break frat party no inappropriate touching at all. There will be a few topless ladies but most are not. There is lots of decorum there. Pretty much couples and not too many singles. Saw one dbag last year at the disco.. took off his shirt and was acting the fool. Security took him outside a few minutes. When he returned he was mellow and on his best behavior from then on.

We are trying TTR this year for the first time and have those worries though.

9. LongHodlLTC

LongHodlLTC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Breathless isnt a swingers resort.

There are plenty of singles and couples as well.

50/50 mixture of both

10. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    I would bet that there will be way more spring break college kids than topless women in March at Breathless. You can move from pool to pool to find the crowd / vibe you want. There is spa level quiet at the Xhale pool. There was no lifestyle vibe at all last year at this time and that was when TTR was closed and you would have assumed it would have been at it's highest. There were at the very most 10 topless women any given day. The night club was indoors and really hit or miss depending on the DJ. Try to get an upper floor room with a balcony. It was awesome sleeping with the doors open and hearing the ocean. The room service breakfast was excellent. I highly recommend using that. We also did a couple of dinners that way. Got drunk in the pool, went back to the room and ordered pasta / burgers, showered then ate to sober up enough to start partying again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice