Need a change

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by max.cancun, Sep 21, 2013.

1. max.cancun

max.cancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello to all.

I'm a professional, have been working in the states for the past 8 years, sitting behind a desk. And now i'm bored and need a change :) Since this forum has so many knowledgeable people i thought i'd give it a try.

I would like to find some work in Cancun or Playa del Carmen for 6 months to a year (or more if i like it). I speak some spanish, and my native lang is Russian. I hear there are a lot of tourists from Russia coming to QRoo these days on vacation.

Can anyone recommend any places that would have a need for someone with years of professional experience, outgoing and fun personality, positive attitude, excellent physical condition, and superior customer service? Ideally, i'd find a fun job in Cancun or PDC, a small apartment and as long as the job pays for food and apartment, that's all i need. I'd like to find something active..... Thank you in advance for any help...

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Max, care to share what kind of experience?

I suspect you could find a niche, owing to the modest requirements that you have suggested you have.

To work legally here, it's necessary to get a visa with permission to work. To do that you'll have to pay us a visit to secure a job offer, then return to the U.S. to apply for a visa, giving you permission to work, after your potential employer applies to the authorities for permission to hire you- a little complicated, but doable.

3. max.cancun

max.cancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey V,... how are you?

I have a technical background plus masters degree, worked in healthcare for 7 years and now working at a technology company as a project manager. I'm tired of sitting behind the desk and wanted to try to find something that would allow me to not only be active but also use some general know-how and international experience. I've traveled some before and i've been to mexico once and just fell in love with the area. And for years i've had an idea of doing what i'm trying to research right now....
    I don't need much just a roof above my head, food and a job to pay for the first two. My current job does not provide for much vacation so coming to look around is not as easy. Instead, i thought i would use message boards like this one and see if i can find some people with knowledge and general know-how with what i'm trying to do. Then if i have a lead i could certainly try to come down there.
    I thought eco-adventure companies could be a good start ... with time i could look for something professional but not knowing anyone there it's a stretch :)

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Hi Max, welcome to cancuncare.

There have been a few posts over the last year or so about Russian speaking opportunities with the increasing Russian market here. If you run a search on 'Russian' they'll probably come up.

5. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a Russian agency - Prime Travel. They might have something.

6. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

I've seen a few ads for russians in cancun...

try empleos ruso cancun in google example
    https://www.google.com.mx/search?hl...#authuser=0&gl=mx&hl=es&q=empleos cancun ruso

yeilds

Ofertas de empleo ruso en CancĂșn, QRoo. | opcionempleo.com.mx

if you don't know spanish, send me an email and maybe I can help narrow a position down more that is available based on your qualifications. there are a bunch of postings but it depends on your background and what you would like, but yes, there are definately jobs hiring for russian speakers.

7. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi Max getupandgo global is looking for Russian speaking staff for a contract position, I'm not sure if it is in cancun though, but it is mexico.

8. Castor

Castor Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck in your job research!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice