Need 50 meters of ethernet cable

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Arizona Al, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Arizona Al

Arizona Al Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need to get a 50 meter length of ethernet cable with the ends to use where I am staying. Hopefully not for too much money. I am near the super Walmart, any place close? I am having a problem using the provided wifi so after a week of doing everything I can think of to my laptop I decided to just plug into the modem directly.

Al

2. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Does your modem work perfectly well with other wifi laptops, or is it the wifi connection in your laptop? What kind of computer are you using

3. Arizona Al

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My laptop is a new Lenovo G780 now running Linux Ubuntu 12.04. Both me and the other renter are having problems getting connected to the internet using the wireless. The other renter can connect much more often then I can and it does not seem to be a weak signal problem. I was using Windows 7 and could almost never get on the internet. I would receive the message that I was connected but still no internet access. I updated all my drivers from Lenovo and even tried the drivers from Microsoft but no better. I am thinking there is something in the wireless modem that my computer does not like. My computer worked fine at my home and at Plaza Las Americas on wireless. Yesterday I had no problem for more then 5 hours. This morning at 5:30 until about 2:45 this afternoon same message, I am connected but no internet access. The owner reset the modem and I was able to get internet access. What is strange is the other renter was getting internet access without the modem being reset. The owner let me plug my short ethernet cable directly into the modem and no problems.

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    check your wireless network card since that is where your problem may be. Can you see the wireless signals for other sources? If you can see the wireless users, then you should be able to connect with the proper password.. You can have a computer store in town make a 50M ethernet cable for you since all it takes is to put two jacks on either end of a long cable since they dont sell them that long to with jacks at either end. That is an easier way to buy the cable and and plugs and the cost is minimal compared to a pre made cable. Plus you can have the store make it to your specified lenght.

5. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Try this first, let me know your results, usually something really easy. I only asked my original question because my last laptop wifi connection was disconnected from the monitor, the wire to the antenna came off inside the screen.

Seeing that your friends computer works, probably would be a good idea to use their to watch these two videos so that you can click pause when you need to while fixing your separately.

Try this one first
    [ame=]How To Find Your Wep Key - YouTube

Try this one second
    [ame=]How to fix Wifi problems in Windows 7, Vista, and XP (No Internet Access) - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  6. Arizona Al

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My laptop is not having problems connecting with other wireless wifi systems and my signal strength is usually 4 out of 5 bars. I am only having a problem where I am staying. I am now running Linux Ubuntu because I like it better and it's more secure. The problem was there before I switched from Windows 7 to Linux. I really think something is dropping out or something with my landlords wireless modem/router system. The other renter is also having problems getting connected but not as bad as I am. The landlord says he is having to reset the wireless modem 3-5 times a day so my guess is there. I'ts just going to be easier to run the ethernet cable and be done with it.

I wish I could have brought my Mac Pro but bringing a full size desk top would have been taxed from what I am told not to mention the difficulty due to it's size and the monitor.

So if I can find some place close to me to make up the cable that should solve my problem for now. Oh, the landlord is going to call about the problem tomorrow but he says it could take weeks to get someone out to look at it.

7. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We get cable made at Steren.

8. Arizona Al

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It looks like I may not need to get the cable after all. The owner has contacted the internet company and they made some adjustments, I am doing much better. It's still not perfect so he is going to have them replace the modem which is what they said they would do if it did not fix the problem. The owner is having to reset the modem several times a day. I sure hope it gets fixed as I really did not want to buy 50 meters of cable down here.

9. Mitchell Herrington

Mitchell Herrington Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an ethernet cable, Al it was long enough to reach my casatita asquerosa...
    the other renter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice