My first trip report - Temptation and Desire 12/10 - 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Leilani, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Leilani

Leilani Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My husband and I took our second trip to Cancun this past December. It was our belated honeymoon / renewal of vows. We had sick family around our “real” wedding, so it wasn’t the magical moment we were hoping for. But I have to say that this trip was the greatest wedding / honeymoon experience we could have hoped for.

A major part of what made it so great was the friends we made. In fact, one couple we met and really enjoyed spending time with is the couple that got us to join Cancuncare! Thanks again Diamondheaded for a wonderful experience.

Since this was a honeymoon, we wanted to have a sexy experience. We stayed at Sun Palace during our previous vacation, and LOVED it, which is why we came back to Cancun, but frankly, I wanted to be able to run around naked if at all possible. So for that reason, we chose Temptation and Desire instead.

The first great part of the experience was the SUV limo ride to Temptation. We booked our trip through Castaways travel, and their package included the shuttles to and from the resorts and airport. We were so surprised to find that our shuttle was a limo! We thought it was a mistake, but it turns out that since we were on our honeymoon, this was a special upgrade that they gave us for free. This was my first ride in an limo, so I didn’t want to touch anything or mess anything up. But I did take a photo to commemorate my first limo experience!

[​IMG]

Our first 3 nights were spent at Temptation resort. We really enjoyed our stay, mainly because of the party and excitement, but unfortunately, it rained basically the entire time we were there, so I don’t think we got to full experience that some others described in their trip reports. Plus, we were there from Monday – Thursday, which are not their most exciting nights. Nonetheless, we met some nice and fun people, and enjoyed the nightly entertainment.

A couple highlights from this part of our trip:

1. Our first night there was a performance by the sports pool. They had a buffet laid out and we were there early enough to get a bed. I was pretty drunk, so I don’t remember the performance exactly… something with fire… but I remember liking the atmosphere, and especially the rock star seating.
    2. The Revelations show was nice. The strippers were hot and I learned a couple moves by watching them. There were also a bunch of guys dressed in skimpy neon 80s outfits. It was so cute too because they were all excited about their costume coordination.
    3. There is some Mexican girl that is part of the poolside entertainment crew that is hilarious. You can tell she loves her job. She was slapping my ass in one of the pool contests and I have to say… she did it just the way I like it!
    4. We didn’t get to eat in the specialty restaurants much because we kept sleeping through the window of opportunity for reservations. However, we had a lobster dinner at the seafood restaurant and I thought it was delicious. The ambience was also very nice.
    5. We took an Albatross boat tour to Isla Mujeres. The island is only ok. We didn’t care for that part too much. But the boat ride was AWESOME! We were on Gypsy Breeze and the crew was so funny and fun. They got me to dance basically the whole trip. I have so many great photos with them. The only thing is that there were children on the boat and I was told that it was adults only. If I had known about the kids, I may not have worn my g-string bathing suit, but they seemed to be locals, so hopefully they are used to seeing nearly naked women. The other cool things were the snorkeling (one of the guides gave me fish food so that the fish would come right up to me) and what I think is called parasailing. Something where you sit on a swing and a sail pulls you up into the air. We didn’t do it but several people did and it looked amazing. They were up so high! One poor kid was stuck up there for a while because the wind really picked up… I wouldn’t recommend this activity unless you are a really good swimmer and feel comfortable on a high dive. The kid who got blown around like crazy probably dived into the water from 20 or 30 feet up. Most of the people were within 10 feet of the water when they dived off.

[​IMG]

The only negative: We liked everything about Temptation except the guy that checked us in. He wanted us to go on a Timeshare tour, but didn’t tell us that’s what it was. He was very sneaky about it. He took $10 and since I didn’t want to be a hassle, I didn’t question this. But later we spoke to some regulars and they told us what was up. The next morning, we were supposed to have our “tour” at about 10:30am, so we were on our way out to Cancun at about 8:00am. We were planning to be back for the “tour” with the plan of saying right away that there was no way we would buy a timeshare (so hopefully they would let us go early.) But the guy was so rude that we didn’t come back for it. In fact, when we were on our way out, he asked us suspiciously “where are you going?” When we told him he said “there’s nothing open yet. Who called you? Another hotel called you? What hotel are you going to?” We tried to explain and eventually my husband just started walking away and I was trying to follow. But since I was wearing heels, I wasn’t as fast and the guy followed me all the way out to the street! He was saying, “hey, come back here, I want to talk to you.” How rude! The only person that can talk to me that way is my husband, and even then it had better be for a good reason. I couldn’t believe his nerve. So watch out for that and DO NOT give them $10 for a “tour”. Okay, I’m done venting. Like I said, this was a great experience, so that’s the only negative thing I have to say.

Our limo ride to Desire was awesome because now we knew that the limo was no fluke. We took full advantage of the privacy mirror if you know what I mean. =)

When we got to Desire it was late. We scheduled a late arrival because we had gone on our Albatross boat trip earlier that day. Unfortunately, our boat trip wore us out so much that we fell asleep at 8:30pm. My husband barely got through dinner at the Asian restaurant.

My first impression of Desire was “Wow. This is the most beautiful paradise in the whole world.” The landscaping is magical. I really felt like we were in a secluded tropical village.

We were very excited about the theme nights and brought costumes for each one. I was most excited about my nurse costume, but since we were so tired that first night, I didn’t even get to wear it! (Nonetheless, here’s a photo of what it looked like.) For each costume I had a PG-13 version and a rated R version because I wasn’t sure if pasties and g-strings would go over well. It was immediately clear to me that anything goes at the club at Desire, which is definitely to my taste!

[​IMG]

Our first morning at Desire was dedicated to preparing for our ceremonial wedding on the beach. But I must say, they do everything and in 20 minutes, we had all the details worked out. It was completely stress-free and got me very excited for the wedding, which was to be held on the Saturday of our trip.

Later that morning, when we were sunning by the pool, they started to play Brazilian beats. They had brought a Brazilian drumming and dance troupe to perform for us. I didn’t realize that they were a live group… I just heard the beat and got excited because I love dancing samba! I danced my heart out and just when I thought I was done, I saw that it was in fact a live group that was coming to dance and play around the pool. So when I went to sit down, they got be back up dancing right away. After 15 minutes or more of high-energy samba dancing, I was completely worn out. It was so much fun but boy I was pooped.

[​IMG]

It seems that our neighbors, whom my husband had met the night before, were at the pool and saw me dance. They realized who I was, so later, at the hot tub, they reintroduced themselves, and we all immediately hit it off. Apparently, our entire building made friends with one another, so in minutes, we had 6 or more new friends. They were so sweet because when they found out that we were getting married at the resort, they started giving us some great marriage advice, and asked if they could come to the wedding. We were honored and very excited to have guests attend! In fact, they were so kind… they had planned to visit Pearl resort the morning of our wedding, so they ran back to make sure they were at the resort in time to attend the wedding. And they took pictures and videos for us. This was more than we could have ever hoped.

[​IMG]

Having a beach wedding was the best decision we could have made. It was beautiful… the reverend had moving and meaningful things to say, and having our guests present made it that much better. When it came to the vows, I couldn’t stop crying. My hubby was so sweet to wipe my tears every 5 seconds. The resort provided a CD player, so during the ceremony we were able to have our wedding music. We chose Pachelbel’s Canon in D for the wedding march, Louis Armstrong’s What a Wonderful World for the exchange of rings, and Bocelli’s Vivo Per Lei for the wedding dance.

[​IMG]

After the wedding, we consecrated our marriage on one of the day beds looking out at the ocean. Apparently, you aren’t supposed to have obvious sex on these beds. If you want to spoon quietly, that you could get away with, but we did 5 or 6 positions and they weren’t all spooning if you could imagine. But the folks in the bed next to us let us know later that even though you aren’t supposed to have sex on those beds, the guard very politely avoided our area of the beach until we were done so that we could enjoy our post-wedding relations. Apparently, he kept looking at his watch until we got up out of the bed, and then resumed his patrol duty. Now that was kind of him.

Later that night, they had prepared a private dinner for us with our own waitress. Unfortunately, it had become cold and windy. Our drink glasses were shaking… so sooner than later we moved our dinner into our room. It was so romantic and our waitress treated us like Ritz Carleton guests. We were able to have our dinner catered from any of the restaurants, so we chose the Italian restaurant. It was by far our favorite. The Carpaccio is EXCELLENT as is the lobster bisque. And if you care about authenticity, the tagliatelle with truffles was cooked and served to perfection.

The majority of our stay at Desire was lounging by the pool, getting frisky in the hot tub, and laughing and joking with our new friends. Each night at the club we had our outfits ready and we even participated in one of the evening games where we had to collect things on a scavenger hunt list. Basically we were told an item (e.g. vibrator, condom, naughty photos) and people from our team had to give them to us to turn in. It’s funny… usually I get island fever and want to leave the resort so I could have some variety and adventure, but Desire was so fun, relaxing and beautiful that I could have stayed for several more days. In fact, we had a trip to Chichen Itza scheduled, which we canceled because we didn’t want to leave the resort for a whole day when we only had so many days to be there. (Not to worry… we’ve visited Chichen Itza in the past and loved it, but figured that it probably hasn’t changed much since last time we were there. =)

So if you ask me, Temptation and Desire are both great choices. I loved that Desire was couples only, and the food and resort design were better, but I would recommend them both.

2. Montreal

Montreal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats ....gtr

3. chris-n-allison

chris-n-allison Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    Thanks for the great trip report! We've been to TTR Cancun & TTR Cabo, but are looking forward to our first trip to Desire in May. You've given us alot to look forward to!!!

Congrats on your marriage.....wishing you many years of anniversary trips to Desire/TTR!!!! :) :) :)

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Great report. Thanks for the detail. Loved reading it and imagining we were there!

5. drew_buckeye

drew_buckeye Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    Great report, sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations on the wedding!

6. ycats515

ycats515 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you for sharing sounds like you had a great time

7. Leilani

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you! So sweet.

8. Leilani

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you! It was so great we will definitely have another wedding anniversary at Desire. You'll love it! Sometime in the near future, I hope to try out the new Desire / old Temptation in Los Cabos. We'll see how they did!

Have fun in May. Beautiful time to travel.

9. Leilani

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's very kind of you! I'll try to post more pictures sooner than later too.

10. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    hey guys

great trip report and was such a pleasure meeting you two absolutely beautiful people - btw- t and i have your wedding video but more than likely will have to mail it to you as i cant figure out how to email it

your friends

rob/t

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice