More Phone Fun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Jan 31, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK, I was going to save this one but I can no longer resist but I am starting another thread. I have several pbone numbers that all are something like 407-xxx-xx00.

I have one office line that is one number different from a Sea World number. It happens to be the line that rings in Cancun.

I can usually tell that it is a Sea World call if it is from a totally weird area code. I politely tell them that they have the wrong number when they ask "Is this Sea World?"

The fun starts when they call back the second time, and I even do this if it ia a child calling.

This time, I alter my voice and say something like "Good Morning, Sea World, this is Kevin speaking." They ask various questions but when the eventually get around to park hours I just as politely tell them, "I am sorry but Shamu just died and the park is closed until further notice." They have asked me all sorts of questions or just hung up. The results vary. I have actually had people call back a third time and then I answer in my best Indian dialect and really turn it on. It is so much fun.

Now I just need some suggestions for those who call my home phone, which is one number different from a health club in the area. How can I handle these people? I have actually had them call back and argue with me that they are dialing the number correctly. So far I just call them idiots, tell them to learn to read and hang up on them. I need better material.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I used to pose as a pizza guy taking orders for delivery.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You make me laugh T.J.. For the health club members, perhaps a "Hot Bods" to answer, then ask what sort of girl they are looking for if you get my drift. :wink:

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love it.

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ,

please PM me your phone number immediately, so I can call and order a pizza.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Debbie suggested telling them "You'r fat!!! You need to come in and work out !!!" in your best Richard Simmons voice!!!

George

7. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  8. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    **edited by mod**

9. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This board is moderated by some real ******* at times!

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know what the previous post said so obviously I'm not the Mod who edited it but I did just edit your last post.

That word isn't acceptable here and will be edited out no matter what form you try to use it in.

Moderating this baord is basically a thankless job and one done beause of my friendship with Steve.

So I don't appreciate having that word used in reference to myself and the other Mods. If you have a problem with the way this board is moderated then take it up with Steve.

Don't use profanity and abusive language or it will get edited.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice