Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Moon Palace

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Moon Palace here.

Located outside of the Hotel Zone approx a 30 minute cab ride to party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is approx 20 minutes again by cab.

Check the links below for more information, availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Cancuntravel

Travel Center

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Here's the shuttle schedule for the Moon Palace to/from the Hotel Zone:

Free Lobby Bus Transportation:

Departs from Moon Palace to:

1st stop = Sun Palace
    2nd stop = Cancun Palace
    3rd stop = La Isla Shopping Village & Forum By The Sea
    4th stop = Beach Palace

Departs Moon Palace @12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 9:00pm

Departs from Beach Palace to:

1st stop = Las Isla Shopping Center & Forum By The Sea
    2nd stop = Cancun Palace
    3rd stop = Sun Palace
    4th stop = Moon Palace

Departs Beach Palace @ 3:00pm, 6:30pm, 8:00pm, 10:00pm

It is subject to change, but at least you can tell that if you're up for some serious partying in the HZ until the wee hours of the a.m., you will need a taxi to get back to the Moon Palace

3. bake

bake Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    moon palace

:bigband:
    MOON PALACE;
    THIS is a very large resort spread out, this also a convention resort also next door is the SUNRISE PALACE. HAS RECIEVED A GUINESS AWARD FOR THE FASTEST RESORT BUILD OUT THE JUNGLE IN A SHORT SPAN OF TIME.
    THEY HAVE golfs carts if you rides from one resort to the other.
    the pool is so large you will forget where you left your towels.
    the beach and water is about like b.b.g not the beautiful carribean water.
    THE DISCO IS GREAT.
    THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS PLENTY OF FOOD AND VARIETY,
    THE MEXICAN RESTURANT IS ALSOME.
    WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE PALACE RESORTS
    HOME BASE IS THE CANCUN PALACE ALSO GREAT PLACE ALSO HAS THE BEST BEACH OF ALL THE PALACES. :D :D :D :D

4. bake

bake Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MOON PALACE

P.S.
    WE HAVE STAY AT 4 OF THE PALACE RESORT MOON PALACE
    SUNRISE PALACE
    BEACH PALACE
    CANCUN PALACE
    SORRY FOR THE P.S. :D :D :D

5. dswfondy

dswfondy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Info on moon palace?

Hi all,

I will be going to the MP on the 12th and would like to know any secrets or tidbits anyone has on the resort, or getting the room that you want when we get there. Going thru RCI. Also would like info on Isle Mujeras tour, like what kinda stuff is on the boat, and is tour completly guided?

Thanks,

Dswfondy

6. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The Isla Tour is free, but is provided by AquaWorld (AW). You leave from the Moon Palace dock after you get an extra bracelet for the tour that a.m. at the AW outpost between the Nizuc and Sunrise sections near to the beach. You'll be given an option to go snorkelling or swimming with dolphins (extra...you have to pay for these options).

The boat will speed through the waves to IM. Brace yourself. Some folks get sick on the ride. You will go the length of the hotel zone before you arrive at Isla, so you'll get a good view of all the resorts in Cancun facing the east. Great view.

Those not paying for the extra tours will disembarck at the private beach that's only a little bit better than the MP's. Very little seagrass. The water is quiet and you have floating mats and kayaks to play with in the enclosed area of water. Swim with the nurse shark in a nearby pen for a little fee. Everything is still A/I, so the drinks and stuff from the grill and the lunch are free. Bring your towel card, as it does work here. Just remember to return the towel for the card before you leave the beach. Activities staff will likely try to get a game of sand volleyball started.

After the lunch period, those who paid for the extra tours will have returned and everyone leaves on the boat again to the northern part of the island. There, if you want a golf cart, you will be directed to a particular fellow who will lead you to the shop which has some kind of arrangement with AW. You'll have little time to cruise the whole island before the boat leaves again, so get your butt movin'! :lol: This is not a guided tour...you gotta keep track of the time and give yourself some time to shop or grab a beer. You will have time to make it to the southern tip of the island to see the lighthouse and maybe even the tiny Mayan ruin. Swing by the conch house that everyone wants to take a pic of.

I think we had just about an hour to blow in the cart before we had to turn it in in time to get back on the boat. The ride back is a blast. The entertainment staff work non-stop once you leave the dock. Skits, dancing, and drinking is involved. These guys are working up a sweat, so please tip them once you return to the MP!

For those who want more "free" time to roam the island, you can take a taxi from the AW beach to the town on the northern end. ***Be sure you get from your activity director on the beach the time your boat leaves IM from the northern piers back to MP...otherwise you'll have to pay for the ferry and then a bus to a Palace resort to catch a free shuttle to MP. I'd rather take the free MP boat back, since it's included.

I'd have more detail, but darn it I never got to that installment on my TR (now over two years ago, lol). Any more specific questions, post 'em here.

7. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI!! I'LL BE GOING TO THE MP ON NOV. 13-19 AND HAVE READ SEVERAL BAD REVIEWS ABOUT IT. ARE THEY TRUE?? BASIC I WAS TOLD THAT THE STAFF AND FOOD WERE HORRABLE AND THE BEACH WASN'T WORTH SWIMMING OR GOING TO.

WE ARE GOING HERE FOR OUR HONEYMOON AND WE LOVE THE WEB SITE. THOUGHT WE WOULD GET THE MOST FOR OUR MONEY AT THE MP. WERE WE RIGHT?

8. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, if it's mostly or strictly bad reports on that beach and the staff/food, I can answer.

First off, the staff from the front desk to the wait staff to the maids, etc, are as good/nice as you can get anywhere in the Cancun area. On my honeymoon there, they had a lot to do with how good we felt about the whole experience. I don't know if those reports you've read had any specifics about what was wrong with the people who work there.

The food is above average for what you'd see in any Cancun area resort. Plus since they have over half a dozen of them, you have choices. The palapa grills in the pool areas also are a great option for steaks, grilled fish and chicken. What were the specific complaints you read about?

The beach gets bad press because it does not resemble the kind of beach you'd expect in the area. Seagrass collects at the surfline everyday, so a beach "zamboni" drives along at least once a day to scrape it off the sand. Not very many people care to venture out into the water because there's more of the stuff floating offshore. Upside is: this is an isolated resort, so you don't get beach vendors harrassing you with curios and things. Also, when we were there, wait staff from the swinging bar were serving people lounging on the beach. And finally, AquaWorld has a little setup catering specifically to Moon Palace guests for such things as sailboats, jetski's, parasailing, kayaks, sailboards, etc.

Here's the first four installments for our honeymoon. The fifth is a casualty, and the others are still lurking around in my hollow head:
    http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/archives/cancun2.cgi?read=51071

http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/archives/cancun2.cgi?read=51203

http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/archives/cancun2.cgi?read=51496

http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/archives/cancun2.cgi?read=51852

9. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  10. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome Peaches....

I'll help Michael tell you about the Moon Palace. I've been there twice, returning for a 3rd time April 22nd. :lotsofmichaelf:

What you've read about the beach is true. It's not great. They do their best to keep it as nice as possible, but it doesn't compare to the beaches in the Hotel Zone. The beauty is, you can take a shuttle from Moon to any other palace resort free. They run several times per day. You are on a scheduled return 4 hours later, but if you stay longer, it's a $20 cab ride back. We take the first shuttle, and spend the day at Cancun Palace and pay the taxi fare back. We fit in a trip to the La Isla mall, Hard Rock Cafe, and other fun stuff while we are at it. Fun Fun Fun!!!!

The pool makes up for the beach in many ways.. First, it's HUGE, and there's plenty going on to entertain you.

I disagree that the staff and food are horrible. The staff is terrific. They go out of their way to make your trip enjoyable. If you are friendly to them, and call them by name, they treat you like family.

Here's a link to our pictures taken last April. Most of them are of my family, but you can see some of the resort. Just take a look at that pool!! http://photos.yahoo.com/cotygirl2002

[​IMG]

We debated going to Cancun Palace this year. (we spent our 10th anniversary there 2 years ago and had a blast!! ) but deciced we wanted the luxury of the Moon. We brought the kids with us last year, as you will see, but this year we are going just the 2 of us.. We coudn't be more excited!!!

If you have any other questions, one of us will be more than happy to help.. Enjoy!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice