Money money money....

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Frenchy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its me again asking loadsa questions again.

Right so my trip is booked, now just need to figure out how much money i will need. Just an estimate like....

Im going in 16th August for 2 weeks. All inclusive so i think most of my money will go towards going out at night a excurtions and what not.

Thanx again in advance.lol

2. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It depends,
    How thirsty are you????

I'd figure on it being Friday nite everynite and how much do you spend on an average Friday nite. Use that as a guide.

3. Frenchy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats a good idea but i hope its not as dear as back home cos drinking here ant cheap. I can easily spend £80 back here not including taxi home.lol.

How much do you rufli take, and is it Pesos to take or US Dollars cos ive looked at web apges and it sounds like they take both. Well Pesos obviously but Dollars ???

4. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure what everbody else does, but I take USD and exchange at a bank and use the pesos. I dont like to try and figure it out when you get a bill in pesos and pay with USD and figure what change you will get back and how much tip to leave.

I dont think that the drinks at the HZ bars are very cheap either. Maybe the way to go is the party tours where all the drinks are included.

Someone else help me out with this. My wife and I are usually in bed before midnight.

5. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dont forget the exchange rate for the Bristish pound has been very good for some time almost $2 to the £1

6. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I, too, am usually in bed by midnight, but I typically allow for $100 USD per adult per day for spending money. Soem days I might only spend $20 USD on tips if I don't leave the hotel, but the next day I might spen $500 USD. You can, of course, get by with much less. I did take a trip to Cancun about 18 years ago that I got by with about $200 for the entire week, taking advantage of more than a couple time share presentations for free meals and tickets to attractions.

My advice, spend what you can afford and have a great time.

7. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Listen to Scott, thats what we try to save is about a 100 a day per person. I've come home with money sometimes and used the CC on the last day a few times too. Most importantly is have a great time!!

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    If you're going all inclusive and not eating out very often then $100 a day would be plenty.

You wont spend much while on hotel premises and if you figure a night out to a club to cost you around $50 per person or 25 quid you won't go far wrong. That would be open bar all night, a taxi home and some tip money. If you're paying by the drink expect to pay anywhere from $1 to $6 per beer (bottle normally) depending on where you go.

Depends what excursions you do, but if you are there for 2 weeks then say maybe 4 excursions say at average $75 = another $300.

Since your British I would recommend that you deal only in pesos rather than US dollars - there's no point in confusing yourself with two unfamiliar currencies instead of just the one (pesos).

Bring around 1000 pesos to tide you over the first day and then just use your ATM card Maestro etc and take pesos from the cash machine as and when you need them just like you would at home.

This way you'll get the best rate and the least confused.

9. Frenchy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers folks appriciate all the info. Thanx Again

-Frenchy-

10. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D Depends on what you want to do and see. Tours, Clubs, Cabs, Bus,

At the resort you will not spend any money, Just tips..

It is when you go out . I would think if you like to club than and do tours and your there for 2 weeks $115 to $125 a day should be good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice