Mochafest Catered To?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Mark and Staci, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    We are here sitting in the dark at Bash while the resort caters a special show at the pool to the people of Mochafest. Supposed to be pink might at Bash. Nothing. Nada. Not only that but just to get a seat down there at the "show" is $130. Only 2 tables occupied. WTF are these people that own this place thinking? I'm about done with this BS.

Bullshit. Bout time to spend our money at Desire.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. dmv8884

dmv8884 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    After witnessing the way they have catered to these “fest” crowds and don’t really care about the rest of the paying guests, I am really getting second thoughts about our decision to go to TTR. Even the way they are ridiculously overpricing the cabanas and stuff like that. It not like we don’t pay 2-3k for a vacation package with them and then they want to squeeze 4+ hundred buck for a few hours pool side! I’m definitely not a cheap person on vacation but that’s ridiculous. I hope our experience isn’t what I am imagining at this point. I really hope we have a great time like we have at other resorts. Definitely have heard good this about TTR in the past.

3. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Don't come during Mochafest. Total catering and asskissing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Some of us have been watching the webcam over the last few days, and noticed how quiet Bash was. I noticed the lights were off in Bash earlier, although they do normally close Bash in a similar way for the Saturday night pool party.

It seems MochaFest rent out private areas for their parties (Rooftop and Score), and never use Bash. My guess is the hotel won't let them have Bash private. They seem to be all about exclusivity, expensive drinks, best tables and showing off on Instagram. Ballers for a week.

I think the takeovers, whether it is Mochafest or any other are really not conducive to the long term success of the hotel. The hotel has always thrived on inclusivity, not exclusivity. That is the root of it's success, I hope they dont lose it.

At least there are only 4 of them per year which amounts to about 7% of the year.

I'm pissed as for the second year in a row there is a takeover during my birthday, so no TTR birthday trip for me this year - again.

Why would you book the same time as it's going on? Did you not know beforehand?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  5. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Steve, can you throw some light on the future dates of takeovers.... they'd never seemed to have the impact in the past they're having under what appears to be a changing concept....

6. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Are these "takeover" fests, not really takeovers? Usually when I see hotel "takeovers" they take over the whole resort, not just part of it.

7. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    So MochaFest is not an official takeover in that people not attending the event can still book rooms (before any date sells out). My understanding is Wicked Eden is a tower takeover where they actually block out the entire Tower rooms block for their event.

8. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    We feel your pain! So frustrating!! So glad Steve clarified the 4 takeovers and months. We will be avoiding those takeovers like the plague!!

9. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    MochaFest has been on Columbus Day weekend for like 4 or 5 years at this point so it is easy to miss if it isn't your thing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. dmv8884

dmv8884 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    I’m just hoping there isn’t one in December at this point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice