Mexico Travel Warning?!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jjrichardson, Mar 14, 2010.

1. jjrichardson

jjrichardson Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know if anyone has been watching the news lately but there were some killings, particularly some on American citizens in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico. The government has issued an advisory about traveling to mexico. The warning urges U.S. citizens to delay nonessential travel to parts of the states of Durango, Coahuila and Chihuahua, where Juarez is located, because of recent violent attacks

I know that Cancun isn't located near this location, but there was also 14 deaths in Acapulco recently do to the drug wars. Did anyone that just got back hear about any of this or notice anything different? My parents are calling me all worried, and I leave for Cancun this coming Friday, w/ a layover in Mexico, City. They are freaking out more about the Mexico city part.

2. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its not really relevent as i haven't been this year and i dont think my country is advising us not to go, but i did get robbed of my phone and camera last year, plus some money another night in the same holiday, there were more reports round the pool of people getting beat up by the police when they got seperated from their group too, that was my 3rd time there and the first time i had trouble so maybe watch out for that. BUT that is like any place really. U will have a good time!

3. army21

army21 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    got back friday, when i was there everything seemed just fine! And I didnt hear anything most likely because I was drunk 24/7! You are good just dont go outside of the club/ hotel zone and you will have nothing to worry about! Have fun!

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Find a map, circle the cities listed in the recent report and see how far away they are from Cancun. Your layover is in a Secured Airport...take a deep breath and tell the parents to chill. My Dad has yet to call me to beg me to go back to Philly.... oh and a man was shot in the head in a Philly Diner this morning. Where is the warnings to stay out of the US?

5. Rwizzle19134

Rwizzle19134 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Layover flight is in Monterrey, Mexico, does anyone know if that's safe because I know Coahuila is right beside it and that's one of the three states the travel warning was issued in.

6. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you planning on leaving the Airport? If not, what is there to worry about?

7. Rwizzle19134

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were bcause it's an overnight, and leaves in the morning, but now we might just stay in the airport

8. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rwizzle.. I see you are from Philly. Before moving down here, I was from Upper Darby. I know how bad the area there is, and it would be like having a payover at PHL and not wanting to leave the airport because of how bad the city of Philly is. I have been to Monterrey, my bf lived there for a few years, it's not bad at all. If your layover is long, don't stay in the airport, go to a hotel close by that has a shuttle, and get a good night sleep. No worries!!! and bring me something from WaWa PLEASE!!!!! :icon_lol:

9. Rwizzle19134

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hahaha thanks for the advice, I will see what I can do, maybe I'll bring you a wrap or something lol ;)

10. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kind of thinking that it will be mooshy....but the thought was nice. It's the only thing I miss.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice