Mexico minister 'killed' in crash

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Nov 4, 2008.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mexico's number 2 man has been killed in a plane crash. News here is full of speculation that the plane was intentionally brought down. This is a BFD!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7709877.stm

Mexican Interior Minister Juan Camilo Mourino has been killed along with two others in a plane crash in central Mexico City, reports say.

The plane, carrying nine people, burst into flames as it came down during rush-hour in the Mexican capital around 1900 (0000 GMT), reports said.

Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard said five people were seriously injured in the crash.

Correspondents describe Mr Mourino, 36, as a rising political star in Mexico.

"The explosion was enormous," an eye-witness told AFP.

"The flames reached higher than the buildings on La Reforma", the witness added, referring to the main street in the city's financial district.

Police, fire and ambulances attended the crash scene, and the fire has since been brought under control.

2. cindyb

cindyb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OH WOW!!!!!! thats horrible :(

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another official killed on that plane was in charge of fighting organized crime. Can you say "hit?"

4. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Who believes in coincidences???

Por Esto today (no time to translate but it is obvious!)

Confirmó Luis Téllez, secretario de Comunicaciones y Transportes, a las 20:12: “fue accidente, las partes de la avioneta están completas.
    And
    * El titular de Gobernación del gobierno espurio, el español Juan Camilo Mouriño, de 37 años de edad, murió anoche junto a otras ocho(8) personas, entre ellas José Luis Santiago Vasconcelos, ex titular de la Subprocuraduría de Investigación Especializada en Delincuencia Organizada (SIEDO), de la PGR,"

In Novedades, they talk about 13 persons..., 5 more on the ground. And a lot of BS trying to convince people that it WAS an accident (no alarm, no signal, no call from the pilote hmmm...)

Thinking ...

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems the plane just dropped suddenly from the sky. Air traffic lost contact and then the plane was in flames on the ground. If this was an accident then it had to have been a massive sudden mechanical failure that was so bad that they couldn't even radio one second of a mayday call.

That plane has two engines, it can land safely if one fails. That plane had two pilots, if one had a heart attack and dropped dead the other pilot could land the plane.

What could disable both pilots and/or knock the plane out of the sky? A bomb?

Apparently the army barricaded the San Luis Potosi, where the plane took off from, so that they could investigate...what?...whether someone screwed with the plane, that's what.

And did you see the fear in Calderon's face when he spoke last night? He looked shocked...and afraid...at least that's what I saw.

6. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Calderon had better get some help in here, and FAST. I know it would be unpopular with the masses, but at least our people wouldn't be so easy to bribe, as are the Mexicans; military, police....just about anyone and everyone here can be had for a few pesos.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They have a team of Americans working the crash site to reassemble the plane and understand what happened. I think they are Bombardier/Learjet employees.

8. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good article. I'm glad they have so many outside investigators working this.

But what kind of accident causes a plane to "suddenly spun out of control?"

I'm asking, I'm no expert. I know that something like 60% of plane crashes are caused by human error of some kind, a misreading of an instrument followed by a bad judgment call, things like that. But what kind of error or accident causes a plane to just fall out of the sky so suddenly? and with no time to make a mayday call? That's just not sitting right with me.

I guess we will find out when they finish their investigation.

10. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice