Meeting with Oasis Sens

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by Steve, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Jannet and I have a meeting with Oasis Sens tomorrow.

Valentina has transferred there from GOV and wants our input ready for a meeting she has with the owner on Friday regrading proposals for the concept there. One thing under consideration is a big jacuzzi bar.

I'll report back on how things pan out.

2. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I'd just advise not advertising anything until it's actually up and running. After the massive over-promise, under-deliver fiasco, I don't know what they could do to make us trust that the things they promise would ever actually happen. :(

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We met with Valentina yesterday, Valentina has transferred from GOV to Sens in the same role as Concept Manager. Valentina has been at Sens for 2 weeks and as usual has a ton of things she is trying to implement which are subject to approval from those further up the chain and will take time.

Sens is located at Km 19.5 on a great stretch of classic Cancun beach with white sand and bright blue ocean (see photo below). The area is one of the highest points of Cancun and as such the hotel is on many levels with a lot of steps, definitely not suitable for disabled or infirm guests.

The first point of note is that they will be losing the 'Gay Friendly' marketing tag. This is not to say they will become 'Gay unfriendly' but will be marketing to a wider audience inclusive of all. Their marketing including website will be changed to reflect this. They have also recently landed a contract with Apple (300 rooms across all Oasis properties per week) and expect the ratio of US tourists to increase beyond those previously experienced across the chain.

Sens has been adults only since it's name change from Oasis Palm some time ago. It has two pools, one on either side of the hotel. One of these pools (I'll call it land side) is topless optional, the other pool which is ocean side is not topless optional yet but Valentina is hoping to change that.

The hotel has more restaurants than the GOV had, including many of the same themes and names that were at GOV plus a couple of extras - a chicken fast food place and a gourmet molecular themed restaurant plus the Black Box sensory restaurant.

There are two main bars for night time, the Kinky Bar and a larger Sunset Bar which overlooks the lagoon. The Sunset Bar is the quieter of the two at the moment with the Kinky Bar the main focus. It is planned that they will switch the two around, the Sunset Bar has a large sunken area and there is a proposal to be put forward that it could be transformed into a large hot tub/jacuzzi. Valentina is hoping to secure a 3am close time for the bars and have food available beyond 10pm - which was a major gripe at GOV. Safety deposit boxes in each room are also included free of charge.

There are some upgraded Sian Kaan rooms which you can see the exterior of in the photo below, these have a plunge pool.

[​IMG]

As for a forum section, I will be starting a new Oasis Sens section and will keep the GOV information as a closed section. However, I wont be putting in the same amount of time and effort into Sens personally as I did for GOV. We will leave the Sens section to take its own course initially and see how things develop, if it becomes well frequented then more resources will be put in accordingly.

My opinion is, at the moment, the Sens has a long way to go to meet the needs of what the average cancuncare member is looking for in terms of fun, entertainment and sexy vibe. With Valentina as Concept Manager for only 2 weeks there is a lot to be done, however, I am confident she has all the right ideas and will benefit from her experience at GOV. What I am not so confident about is whether her aspirations for the Sens will be backed by those she reports to. I also think confidence has been lost by potential visitors following the general disappointment of GOV and it will take a lot to get that back.

Right now it is very much a wait and see.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds good Steve!! Thanks for your work on this/meeting with them and keeping us up to date with changes!

5. MinnesotaWoman

MinnesotaWoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice! Thank you! Well, as everyone probably knows by now, I'll be going to the Oasis Sens in the middle of October. I will definitely report back as to how I find things, then. We will be getting an upgraded room -- one of the Sian Kaan rooms. I'm very excited about that - husband doesn't know yet (it's been so hard not telling him!) and it's his 50th birthday.
    I hope the resort is fun, but we'll make our own fun if we have to. I'm looking forward to that gorgeous beach, and the fact that at least there won't be any kids running around. I hope the food and drinks are good, or at least good enough.
    The last thing I am hoping for is something the resort has no control over ---- good weather!

6. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Oasis Sens

The Sens has a few things going for it that could help it become the resort most of us would like to see........

- Management saw from the overwhelming response to the GOV changeover that the support is there for another sexy adult only resort. There's little doubt a pending deal to sell the resort surfaced early on in the changeover period and at least somewhat affected their commitment to carry through with the full changeover plan (why would they continue to convert it if they were in the middle of negotiations with a buyer who planned to convert it back to a family resort). Management basically decided to capitalize on both things..........sell the GOV resort for some good cash and move the popular new sexy adult only concept to their other resort.....the Sens.

- They brought Valentina over who is first class in every aspect and knows what CancunCare members want. She fought them hard for what we all hoped for at GOV........and now they brought her over to the Sens......she should get more response now that this resort is actually committed to being "that" resort (hope they don't sell this one lol).

- Both management & Valentina has learned some things from the GOV experience that will help them here.

- It's already an adult-only resort so they don't have to battle that issue.

- They have 2 late night bars......one of which has the potential for a large late night jacuzzi :) :) .........that'd be a huge attraction and a definite statement that they are truly committed to being the new upbeat sexy adult only resort :) :)

- Great stretch of beautiful beach.

- One of the pools is already topless optional.

- More dining options.

Of course, this is just an opinion.......but Management has good reason to follow through on the Sens........

7. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve for you information.... Now it's just a wait and see what happens....

8. boydkc

boydkc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We are looking for an a new option to replace Temptation los cabos which we loved. Looking at reviews and the website the pools do not appear to be heated are there any plans to change that or are they heated now?

9. fred639

fred639 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0
    Steve, is Valentina Biegun working there and so she have email to get a hold of her we are trying resort end of November Thanks Ed

10. shotm61

shotm61 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    My partner (Jody) and I (Mike) went to Temptation a year ago and had a great time. We decided to try out a new resort as we are returning to Cancun Jan. 6 - 20 2015 and found Oasis Sens. After reading some of the posts I am not sure we made a good choice. Any thought?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice