meeting folks @ cancun airport - how to get from my hotel ?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by stephenj, May 28, 2008.

1. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am meeting family that is flying in to Cancun a week after we arrive. Any suggestions as to how to get to the airport from the HZ without paying top $$$ for the cab? Personally I use cancunvalet.com for my transfer, and will ask if I could possibly meet their van on the way out to the airport? :cool:

do any of the buses run OUT to the airport? I don't want to have to traverse to the downtown bus station and then to the airport, that is just too time consuming. Walking is out :shock:

whatchagonnado?

STeve

2. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it were me, I'd skip the spendy cab ride and general airport hassle and meet them at the hotel.

But that is just me.

3. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

thanks for the response. I wish I could wait! But my brother is a bit nervous and he would like me to meet him there.

BTW, who is the wrestler in your avatar? I am a big NWA fan (long ago)_, and just recently had the pleasure of having Abdullah the Butcher's wife as a student in my college class! My family adn I hda dinner at his restaurant in SW Atlanta - Abdullah's House of Ribs. big fun!

I remember from my youth when Grandma would come and visit us - and it just happened to be on weekends when the wraslin' ws going to be at the civic center :eek:) The Great Malenko, Iron Sheik, Boris Karloff.... too much fun!

Steve

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I'm 99% sure that none of the HZ buses go out to the airport, you would need to go to the downtown bus station to go by bus.

A cab from the HZ should cost around $25.

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm with Gonzo on this one. Unless your brother is a minor in need of supervision.....I'd give him some explicit directions on how to navigate through the airport and outside to meet the CancunValet person.

I certainly wouldn't suggest sending a minor child through the airport gauntlet, but any adult should be able to handle it...

Michelle

6. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The private van offered by EP is great for that

7. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you have 2 options, the bus from downtown or a taxi.
    The taxi will run you around $25us.
    maybe have your brother pay for your taxi :)

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: avatar

Hey Steve,

You are the first to ask that!! It is Mad Dog Vachon of the AWA that was run by Vern Gagne up in Minneapolis. He chewed the ear off a guy way before Mike Tyson!! LOL. Here is a you tube clip. [media=youtube]4UKUvVWz3ak[/media]
    and here is a bio from the wrestling museum.
    http://www.wrestlingmuseum.com/pages/bios/halloffame/vachonbio.html
    Its too bad in the late 90's he lost his leg while jogging, a car hit him I believe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  9. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    meeting folks

Buses from the hotel zone stop just past the Westin. Even if you were to take a bus to the Westin and take a cab from there the cost would be $20.00 one way to the airport. Also do not forget that to come back to the hotel zone is not free and you have to pay for that as well. Best suggestion you had before is unless your brother is a minor, give him instructions on how to get to your hotel and wait for them there. Also note if you have Verizon phone and so does your brother, then he can call you once he is outside waiting for his van to take him to your hotel. Both of you need to set up international dialing to be able to do that and it would cost you 69 cents per minute to use the feature.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice