ME Cancun???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by krazymatt, Jan 16, 2007.

1. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this a new hotel?? Or was it formerly something else? We've been looking at prices for this year and keep seeing this hotel that is opening soon. Kinda looks like it could be the Grand Aqua, but that hotel was still in pieces as of the last of 2006. Any info would be appreciated.... :cool:

2. firebladejr

firebladejr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it was formerly know as the Melia Turquesa I believe... looks nice huh.
    Get's some bad reviews on tripadvisor though. The Royal Cancun (realresorts) looks like a good alternative to the ME...

3. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, you mean royal resorts?

4. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone stayed or seen this hotel since it became the ME. If so what are you thoughts?? Is it an all inclusive??

5. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone stayed or seen this hotel since it became the ME. If so what are you thoughts?? Is it an all inclusive??

6. firebladejr

firebladejr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Matt,

The Royal Cancun is part of the Real Resorts hotel chain.

I'm pretty sure the ME Cancun was an AI, but is now an EP.. so nothing is included in the price. If you search on tripadvisor for reviews of ME Cancun, you will get some ideas of what to expect in the new place, as all of the old reviews (prior to the rebuild) are under the former name of Melia Turquesa.

Cheers,
    Pete.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have actually seen the ME sold as AI, we were going to stay there, but then the OPENING soon through us off. It looks really nice. and to behonest it was a really nice hotel before they decided to call themselves the ME in stead of the Melia. Parents stayed there and raved about the hotel.

8. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The word I have from the tour companies I use is that Air Transat Holidays is the only company still selling it as an AI and that will soon be phased out. It's open, but quiet. They don't technically have an animation team, nor do they have a disco.

9. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. :cool: It seems like it would be a good idea to stay away then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice