McDonald's Monopoly Game Started Today!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Oct 2, 2007.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ...am happy to announce I have won a small McFlurry and a $1.00 discount at Toys R Us. :D

anyone playing the online game?

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how do you play?

3. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    forget any "no purchase is necessary" crap, that's for sure.

there are two tokens attached to hash browns, mcmuffins, large fries, medium and large drinks (right?), premium chicken sandwiches, and the chicken selects chicken strips. probably a couple more i forgot. the last two items i mentioned and a couple more have an extra large token that's a "guaranteed win".

collect the smaller tokens (representing the railroads and properties). when you've collected all four railroads or a complete set of two or three properties, you've won a prize. or, one of these smaller tokens can also be an instant win (like my mcflurry :) )

for the online game first you register at www.playatmcd.com using the code from the side of the bag containing your order at your local McD's. then once you are in, each of the smaller tokens on the food products mentioned above have codes near the bottom of each. each code represents a chance to roll the dice. depending where you land you either collect properties or win instant prizes, which are awarded on an hourly, daily or less frequent basis.

i expect my diet will be blown again :( :)

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    BTW, if anyone has Pennsylvania Ave...if you can send it my way, I will pay for postage :p

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm playing..so sorry, Michael, but you're not getting my Pennsylvania Ave if I happen to get one.

I won a Big Mac today and hopefully will get some more winners ($$ would be nice :wink: ) since I get a soda there just about every day.

Might have to starrt getting their chicken sandwiches too...without the mayo, of course. :wink:

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    lol I used to love this as a kid.................but I dont eat fast food anymore so, that might be a problem collecting the things lol

7. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They used to play that here every year, usually around August coz it was always on when I had ballet exams, lol :lol:. Then it stopped coz some idiot running the comp forgot to print on the tokens the year they were from or distributed unused tokens from previous years or something like that and people were using tokens from different years to win prizes, it got messy with all the legal side of things and they stopped it after that year :(. They tried to do something similar along the lines of Scrabble one year afterwards though, it was a poor immitation in my eyes and sucked badly.

8. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do you need B&O Railroad, Karan?

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not at all..I don't eat fast food either but you can get a large diet soda and get the game pieces.

10. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting AussieBabe mentioned the above. Remember the Monopoly controversy some years back? I remember that they went into a few of their stores across the U.S. and made a select number of customers instant millionaires. Think that it had something to do with the company that McDonalds hired to create the game pieces ended up holding onto the valuable pieces for themselves.

The game is a pretty crafty scheme though... keeps you coming back. 9 times out of 10 when you come back to get that "free" item that you've won, you will end up purchasing another item (or two) for more game pieces. Hope somebody here brings home one of the bigger prizes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice