May 4-12 Repeater Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by gottaski, May 15, 2018.

1. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Short version for our first full trip as Premier Members and first after the renovations:

Had a great time! Our Garden View room was good, but clothes storage is really weird with Zero drawers. Yes, water will get on the floor from the shower, so keep a towel down.

The grounds and buildings looked well kept for, although the beach was smaller. Then again, no one really comes to TTR for the beach.

Staff seemed more attentive and available, and were friendly as always.

The food in all the restaurants seemed elevated, at least a bit or more. Sky bar was the best and loved the amazing views. Caffeine was a welcome addition for my wife.

Sexy pool seemed too big and less social. The Playmakers are trying and mostly doing well. Games are way too tame for my taste. I long for the BBG days back when I fell in love with the resort.

Bash has a really good vibe, easy access to drinks, and better late night food than Patios. Most of the shows were pretty good, too. But for the love of god lower or remove the stage!

There needs to be a 24 hour pool or hot tub or whatever.

Boobs Cruise was awesome as always!

We will definitely be back May 2019!

More thorough to come...

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. gottaski

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    now the long part!

My first trip to the resort was in 2001 when it was Blue Bay Getaway (even before CCC!). Trip was through Apple Vacations and ended up getting BBG. Fell in the love instantly!! The food wasn't that good back then, the rooms were a bit worn, but the atmosphere and people made the place! Met Steve and 100's others over the years and always went back around the same time of year in May. Still gave it 10 out of 10.

They changed things up and re-brand to Temptation, losing or firing most of the great entertainment team, and taming the sexy vibe. Only improvement was the food and paint. The people really help make the place, so I still gave it 9 out of 10.

Had to miss a few years due to poorness, but made it back every year (except last year for the construction) since 2012. Sexy vibe was again toned down, but still fun. Again, the people make the place. Two years ago we bought into the Premier Membership for Garden View. We worked a decent deal and were happy with what we got. 8 out 10.

On to this year! We were super excited to get back! We left Vegas at 1am Friday morning (5/04/18), flying on United through Houston. No problems with the flights, and we slept as much as we could thanks to the airplane bottles of booze we brought with us. We landed in Cancun just before 10am, breezed through Customs, both getting the Green Light. Got out to USA Transfers and and arrived at TTR by 11am!!

We went to Premier, but our room wasn't ready. They went over the post-construction changes and layout, and we booked our dreaded Upgrade meeting as we wanted the day trip to Desire RM. We grabbed a little breakfast and split the rest of our time hanging out in our friends Ken and Shari's room and checking out all the changes. We finally got to the room and tried to sort how to store our cloths. We hung up what we could, then placed piles in the bottom of each cabinet. They really need to figure out how to add some drawers. The rest of our stuff stayed in a messy pile in our suitcase.

We're huge Vegas Golden Knights fans (I have season tickets), so we caught the Friday game in the Score Bar (the sports bar). WOW! What an upgrade! Very clean and large. We met some fellow hockey fans and really enjoyed the game. (Winning helps!). Off to the buffet for a bite then up to Bash.

Although using a smaller space, the buffet had a much larger and impressive offering of made to order proteins. While it may seem to some there were less of the other offerings, I counter TTR is using smaller trays and pans, but still maintaining a strong variety. This also allows for fresher food, as they cycle the trays and pans out more quickly. Sadly, the prepared offerings seemed rather repetitive.

Bash has a very similar vibe to Paty'O, only much nicer, way easier bar service, better shows (mostly), and improved quality and variety of food offerings. The stools look cool, but were not made for comfort, at all. The much larger bar had 3-5 guys working, and just inside, the Lobby Bar had 1-3 more gracious drink makers! The female servers were (mostly) attentive and usually fun! The shows were pretty good, except the silly one for Super Hero night. Borrrrrrrrrring. The hamburgers and fries at Bash are still as good as Paty'O, while the skewers and other offerings seemed to taste better.

more to come...

3. gottaski

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    For Saturday, we went to Isla Mujeres with or friends Ken and Shari and Holly and Richard. We walked down to the ferry at El Embarcadero, and decided to get the gold carts through them also. After the 20 minute ferry, we found our golf carts and headed off! We did most of the lap of the island and stopped for lunch at our normal spot, Oscar's Grill. Everything we had was so good! Got the carts back just in time for the 5pm deadline and caught the ferry back.

Had a good dinner in the buffet, after being told all the restaurants had long waits (although they were only half full), then off to Bash for Neon Night. The show was pretty good; my wife really loved it.

So the rest of the days kind of run together, except for our Monday trip to Desire RM. We used USA Transfers to get down there, $65 round trip for 4 people. Beautiful place, great food, very relaxing by the pool, but the smell! Not sure if it was our luck, but the swamp smell was everywhere! Yuck.

Sky Bar is awesome! Great place to relax and by far the best lunch spot. No reason to eat lunch anywhere else. Some of the portions were small, so just order two! Or three :)

Rain (buffet) had a lot more cook to order items and the other offerings were good. The prepared items seemed a bit redundant though.

My wife loved Caffeine (coffee bar). Tasty treats and little sandwiches along with a good variety of coffees.

Dinner in the Italian was slightly better than before, although I miss the lobster bisque. Dinner still takes forever, 1.5 hrs for our party of four and it wasn't too busy.

Sutra was a good meal, except for the half duck. Only received a quarter duck that was painfully dry. We didn't plan ahead enough to get reservations for the hibachi. Something to look forward to for next year.

We went to Sea Flirt for our Member lobster dinner. Great food and service.

Sexy vibe was toned down slightly more this strip, but still fun. As said, the people make the place. We did upgrade our membership, so looking forward to staying in the Tower or Jacuzzi Suite next year. Even with the remodel and improvements, the continued decline of the sexy vibe is upsetting. 7 out 10.

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask any questions.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Thanks for the report Erik, and great to see you again.

Re the smell at Desire, that side of the coast is inundated with sargassum weed washing ashore at the moment, it comes in faster than they can clear it. Fortunately, the ocean at TTR doesnt have the same problem, since it faces a different direction.

One of our earliest CCC members and still going to the hotel 15 years later!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice