May 23-29 2015 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by Ready2party, May 30, 2015.

1. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    We just returned yesterday from a 6 night stay at Grand Oasis Sens. First of all, the resort is beautiful from the lobby to the rooms. Our room was on the 7th floor and had an amazing view of the pools and ocean. The A/C in our room worked perfectly. The mini fridge was stocked daily and housekeeping did a great job. We will post some picture in an album on our profile page.

The food was good. The dining experience at the Black Hole restaurant is definitely worth experiencing. The Box restaurant had great cuisine. The breakfast at Benasuza is equal to any 5 star restaurant in the US and the view at sunset at the Sakura restaurant is amazing. The buffet was just ok in our opinion...the choices were limited and the quality was fair.
    The beach is one of the prettiest we have seen in Cancun. The waves are fairly big so not the best for swimming but still amazing to look at.
    There are 4 pools..all topless optional. The pool by the Schillabar is where they do the foam party. It is an infinity pool that no one seems to use except for the foam party. Not many women were topless except for at the foam party. To get to the swim up bar at the main pool you have to go under a water fall from the pool above it. Cool concept but if you don't have a cup with a lid you are going to be drinking pool water. The entertainment staff is working hard to promote the all-adult concept however they know it is going to take some time to get there.
    One of our biggest issues at the resort was the quality of the liquor...it was terrible! The stuff they tried to pass off as tequila tasted like paint thinner! Even though we were upgraded to VIP, you had to pay to get better liquor.
    They did have nightly entertainment. A couple of the shows were very good. They had a live band one night, acrobats in the lobby one night and the disco was open every night except Thursday. Just about everything was closed by 11pm except the disco. We did the "Kinky" Pirate cruise on Thursday night which there was no cost for. There really isn't anything kinky about it...just drinking and dancing but was still fun.
    The staff was friendly and helpful especially Valentina Biegun...she is awesome!
    We always have a great time in Cancun and this was no exception. However, TTR offers more of what we are looking for in a vacation. As with any resort, it can vary week to week depending highly on the crowd that is there at that time.
    On a side note, we flew a very low cost airline called Orange Air. If they fly out of your area you should check them out. Our flights were $200 each round trip which is unheard of out of Missouri! They flew MD83 aircraft with extended leg room and had great customer service. :biggrinbandit:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the report, the good and the not so good. We live in Iowa but we will look into that airline.

3. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We justed missed you! We spent 8 nights at TTR, then three at Sens, from May 21-23. we agree with it all, Valentina was great, we had three free nights because we let them transfer us last year from Viva to Sens for our last night, so we expected the average room. but, when we pulled up, the bellman checked our name and took us straight to VIP. we really think Valentina had something to do with it, when we saw her later in the lobby she remembered us from Viva, and knew what room we had. ours was probably like yours, only 8th floor with a balcony that overlooked the pool and beach. loved that breakfast at that restaurant!! Italian was good also. we didn't drink much but gin, we had already had our fill of alcohol for the most part. I was the only woman to go topless most of the time, hell, I had been at TTR for so long, I wasn't about to put on that uncomfortable top, except when we went to frolic in the ocean. it is absolutely a beautiful place. we missed the foam party because we were napping from staying out too late at Cocobongo the night before but we did love that pool, it was very refreshing and great to nap on the beds in the late afternoon. we agree the Pirate cruise wasn't all that, but, several people seemed to enjoy, maybe we were just ready for relaxing after all the late nights at TTR. Sens isn't a night place, but the daytime is nice. I plan on giving a good review on TA, we did talk to a few people that had been there before and saw an improvement, I think Valentina bad something to do with that. Michelle

4. Bambidamnit

Bambidamnit Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Well it looks like we just missed you again Will and Laura! We are heading to the Sens 6/11-17. Thanks for your report! Can I ask if it was worth the upgrade to VIP and how much was it? Thanks!

5. Rick & Mel

Rick & Mel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    We just booked Orange air non-stop out of New Orleans..the service just started here...I'm glad to here the flight was fine.

6. Ready2party

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    We flew from Branson Mo to NO then to Cancun. No issues at all!

7. Ready2party

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Our room was really nice. We were upgraded at no charge. If we wanted a Sian Kaan room it would have been $500 extra. Hope this helps. Sorry we missed you guys...again!

8. Bambidamnit

Bambidamnit Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    How did you get the upgrade at check in with now charge? Just for looking cute?

9. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    It never hurts, lol

10. fredanddaphnex

fredanddaphnex Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the review. We're going next week. The wife has been topless ever day at Temptation, but she doubts she'll do the same here. We hope to have a big enough group to start a trend. We're hoping to find an alternative to Temptation because one of our group hates the beach there. But, we love everything else about Temptation. We booked the VIP rooms and we're ready to have fun. We're are a little worried about all the reviews about the "bumping", but we decided to roll the dice. Worst case, we'll just leave and take a cab to temptation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice