Main Temptation Website Update - W/photo Policy Change

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ScubaSteve, Mar 28, 2019.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Sooooo seems like a perfect time to mention this, and #5 below is everyone's FAVORITE topic, but here goes....

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the Temptation website got a recent update. Not much really changed, but the few main things I picked up on are:

1. The "All Inclusive > Rooms and amenities" menu changed a bit. The check-boxes illustrate the differences between the Tower room and Non-Tower rooms more clearly. IMO this shows a real push to making sure people prefer to book in the tower, and really makes the other rooms looks like second tier; even though Beachfront Suites are in that category.

2. There is a "Cocktail SKY 3.5 (once a week)" now listed under amenities.

3. The FAQ section is very direct, short, and clear with some of it's questions and answers. (this may have been like this for sometime, but I just missed it)

4. Restaurant dress code is clearly spelled out for men under the "Restaurant and Bar" menu.

5. The photo topic under Rules now reads: "Go ahead and capture your favorite Temptation Cancun Resort moments! But please keep in mind that some guests may want to keep their identities private. Due to the unique concept of our resort, we ask that when taking photos and/or video, you only do selfies and close-ups for personal use, no wide-angles"

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    A good clarification. As we have beaten this poor dog well-nigh until disintegration, I'm sure that a bunch of folks are going to be mad, worried, upset, etc.

People seem to live "in" and "through" their phones now. It's a thing.

I think there is soon coming a vast shift int he perception of privacy, legally-speaking. I've been reading some new cases which brush up against the issue, though don't examine it yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    Interestingly, there is also a FAQ labeled "what is the photo policy at Temptation?" The answer is: Keeping the identity of our guests’ private is extremely important to us, due to the unique concept of our resort. For this reason, we ask that you refrain from taking photos/video around the sexy pool, as well as stipulated theme nights, due to spicy content. Feel free to enjoy doing so in all other areas of our spectacular resort. Be sure and capture your favorite Temptation Cancun Resort moments at designated photo hotspots around the property.

So @ScubaSteve - While we may have some new wording in the rules about selfies and closeups elsewhere at the resort, I don't think that applies to pictures at the sexy pool or bash which seem to still be forbidden in the FAQs. It would certainly be helpful if those two separate sections were combined since having two separate mentions of the policies now makes it less then clear what is allowed and what isn't allowed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    Seems like this was just an oversight from the resort. They just need to change this too. Mario the operations director said just why Steve quoted earlier so I think the policy is pretty clear now, just need to button up the delivery of the policy.

5. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yea to second Matt and Lisa, I bet that was just missed on that FAQ page, it's clear they are changing the message.

I actually feel the new one could be easier to enforce. You see someone walking and taking of picture outward, you stop them and say something "No, that's not cool." You see three people standing together with no one behind them, and they are all bunched up looking at the screen for a "selfie", then you leave it alone and make sure you aren't close enough to be picked up by the camera. (this is pretty much what most of the experienced people did anyway).

Then I am sure they still deliver the message and put the sign up at the sexy pool during the games "No pictures".

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  6. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
  7. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    It's basically the same thing he said in that live video like 3 weeks ago .

8. SnB

SnB Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,355 / 0
    Thank you Steve for the update. Since it’s “ok” now and the fact I love capturing my wife can you be a second set of eyes for me on the trip to make sure no one unwanted is in the back ground haha

9. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    We just had security take pictures for us.That way they could approve and know they photo was approprate and they seemed happy to do it for us every time we asked .

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Nola Twosome

Nola Twosome Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    Security seems to definitely be enforcing this too, at least in the Sky Bar. When we were there earlier this month, we saw security walk up to every single person taking a panorama or wide shot on the roof and politely ask them to stop. I believe they once asked someone to delete a picture just taken as well since it had a few sunbathers in the background.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice