Magicmat's Trip Report (Aug 22nd-27th)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by magicmat, Aug 29, 2013.

1. magicmat

magicmat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    My body is starting to recover from my recent trip, so thought it was time to write a brief trip report for those that care!

This site was awesome for my build up to my trip to TTR, in answering questions, making friends with people that were going at the same time, and for getting me excited about the fun I was going to have. I’ve been to Blue Bay Getaway back in 2008, and Ive been looking to go back for a little while now. Just for your info, I am a British single male from just outside London in the UK.

I firstly went to Vegas for 4 nights with 12 friends for a 40th birthday. This went great, but not such a huge party crowd…that was to follow! I left them on the last night and flew to Cancun via Atlanta at midnight. I arrived at Cancun at 10.30am, sailed through security and baggage collection, and was met by Best Day transfers outside. They seemed to have a very slick operation, and I only had to wait a few minutes before the other 2 groups travelling with me arrived and we were on our way! I was lucky, only 2 drop offs (I believe they have a maximum of 8 people before they set off) and then I arrived at TTR. Amazing value for $8 – highly recommended if there is just one of you, or looking to spend a bit less!

Checking in was a breeze, and my request for a room overlooking the quiet pool was fulfilled. The room was large, with great air con and 2 double beds. The shower head was old and a bit rusty – the water sprayed all over the place, but it did the job. No complaints room wise, the cleaning was great, and I got towel art without leaving a tip (which I did on the last day).

Im not going to name all the people I met…there were so many, and I know I will forget some. Needless to say, I met lots of awesome people from these very pages, and it’s lovely having a pre-made social group, especially when travelling alone. Minutes after dumping my case, I was at the sexy pool bar, about to order my first drink when I heard squeals of “MMAATTT” from the pool – Stacia of Stacia_and_John came bounding across the pool, looking hot as hell, with the biggest hug for me. Great welcome! She introduced to their lovely friends, and throughout my trip our paths crossed – Stacia_and_john are genuinely special people and I’m very thankful to have met them.

OK…Im rambling. Generally, the days were filled with breakfast (awesome omelette everyday), skipped lunch, drank pretty much anything and everything, and dinner at the buffet for 3 nights. The food was perfectly good for me, - tasted good, nice range, hot, plentiful. The Seafood restaurant was great…Surf and Turf (without the Surf for me) was lovely – and the outdoor barbecue was delicious. My first night was the underwear party, fun show, and lots of participants at Paty O’s. The next day was a bit overcast and a bit of rain, but it was still warm and nice to be in the pool. I played beach volleyball a few times to try and burn off a few cocktail-calories, and the various activities seemed popular. The team are great, and work hard to not be in your face, but provide good fun for those that want it. (not quite the same as Chinos but there you go!). A few random points:

Sunbeds…I didn’t sit in one for more than 10 minutes, and generally that was perching next to someone I was chatting to. There a few odd ones around, but I know it wasn’t “high season”. I had no problems finding one as a “base”.
    Clientele…. Quite a young crowd, with quite a few single girls and guys. All sorts of ages and shapes though, a great mix.
    Swingers… yes there were a few, but you wouldn’t know it if you didn’t look. I was actually a bit disappointed not to be surrounded by more naughtiness!
    Single Scene… Im not really much of a “puller”, but there seemed to be a fairly active scene of people hooking up. Although I did talk to one girl who was moving resorts due to problems with a single guy – I didn’t get the details.
    Weather…the forecast said storms everyday. One day was overcast and the Boobs Cruise day was cloudy with some rain, but the rest was hot and humid (more uncomfortable than the 40 degrees in Vegas, but perfectly bareable)
    Coco Bongos….Go! My second time, and I loved it. There were a few people that weren’t happy about the crowds and not getting drinks, and they came home early. However, 3 of us found a great spot, gave the server $30 and got all the (strong!) drinks we wanted. This place is busy, crazy, loud and fun. Some people were told it was like Cirque De Soliel. Its not! Yes, there are people on wires, but that’s it! Expect a packed dance nightclub with some amazing shows and presentations. We loved it!
    Watersports…got some use, but not a lot. I went canoeing with a friend and we loved the chance to escape the craziness of TTR for 30 minutes.

The Boobs Cruise was great fun…Chinos is a totally star, great to see Steve, and we managed to get lots more sign-ups on the days before the cruise. Lots of fun and games, although it was a bit more tame than most cruises. You can’t force these things, and it will always depend on the crowd that go. Having said that, the AIWC was lovely! :D :D These guys do a brilliant job, and it was lots of fun.

On my final day I had a late lunch by the sports bar (my only Mexican food, fajitas) which was lovely just before leaving and making lots of goodbyes. Best Day Transfers were there waiting for me….and it was just me in the bus! Again, $8 and such good value.

I will be uploading photos as soon as I get access to the site. Ill put a few tasters on here for you though.

Sorry for the “efficient” trip report, but wanted to write about some of the questions/issues that crop up on here. I had a fab time, and met lots of great people – you know who you are! I was ready to come home by day 5 (day 10 of my travels), and I don’t think I will travel as a single again – I did miss the banter and people watching you get travelling with friends. No “action” for me, but that was never the intention of the trip…if it happened, it happened. I didn’t really bring my “A Game” and far too many buff looking American lads!! Plus my age and that much drinking doesn’t bode well for anything more than making friends on a night out!!

Feel free to ask any questions if you have them. And thanks again to everyone that helped make my vacation a fun and memorable one.

2. magicmat

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
  3. magicmat

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
  5. magicmat

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    [ame="http://youtu.be/_wWfHt8cY9I"]Coco Bongos!

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Great trip report Mat, thanks for taking the time.

Nice to see you again after all these years and what a great example of a respectful single English guy.

Hopefully you'll be back soon and thanks for the extra Boobs Cruise recruitment you did.

7. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Great pics! Looks like you had fun!

8. Nathan&Sara

Nathan&Sara Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    It was great finally meeting you

9. nukish

nukish Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome pics, great fun was definitely had!!!! We will be back next year!!!

10. magicmat

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    It was great meeting you guys too! Lots of fun, best of luck with your marriage! :) x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice