Lost Articles by Sexy Pool

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by FunwithHNJ, Aug 23, 2010.

1. FunwithHNJ

FunwithHNJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello friends. Jamie and Skip (Helmuth) here - the newlyweds, back to reality from our Temptations honeymoon....If anyone happened to unintentionally pick up a small white purse with BRIDE on it, containing a camera, a watch, a credit card, cash and an Illinois driver's license - please contact us here. It went missing on Monday Aug 16 from our beach bag on our lounge by the sexy pool - some time between 4 pm - 8 pm. Our hope is that it was unintentionally picked up, packed and transported home. If we can just get the media card back that has our wedding and honeymoon photos on it, the watch that was a gift from my wife, that would be great. We are hoping beyond hope that this is the case. If not, highly recommend people keep anything of value locked up in your room safe.

Mobile 224-374-9331

Helmuth (Skip) & Jamie Cote

2. Lora&Darrin

Lora&Darrin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Awww. :( I really hope you get it back.

3. jcogle

jcogle Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh Wow, Yea I really hope you guys get that stuff back too.

4. jenreddig

jenreddig Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, sooo sorry that happened to you. :(

We're heading there in a few weeks for our honeymoon... definitely going to keep stuff locked up.

5. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Did you report it to the hotel? Someones stuff went missing while we were there and they reported it. Seems there are security cameras all over the place by the pool. The stuff was "found" by hotel security within hours.
    Making and issue out of it seems to get them to review those cameras pretty quick and once someone is seen on camera I am sure having items returned are much more preferable that a trip through the mexican legal system.

6. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I agree with the above post-the place is loaded with security cameras! You reported it to the hotel manager. right?
    They use them often to track missing spouses that have usually hooked up and disappeared with someone for a night/day of passion!

7. sarah&jeremy

sarah&jeremy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So sorry to hear about things going missing and I hope you get them back! Congrats on the wedding and I hope you had a great honeymoon regardless!

8. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Hope you get it all back. My purse never leaves the safe.

9. FunwithHNJ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Yeah, we reported it to the hotel immediately. I'm former law enforcement and worked with the security staff to the extent they would allow (which is not a lot). The property GM and Seucurity Manager promised to do a complete scan of the security cameras but after 24 hours still hadn't completed it due to "work load" and when they said they did finally finish reviewing the tape, the "quality of the video wasn't good enough to identify anybody" and the specific area wasn't covered so well (although the camera seemed to be aimed directly at our area...). They also said they did a discrete, full sweep of all guest rooms (which I'm sure was said just to appease me) as well as their routine daily in/out inspections of all staff. I took it on myself to speak with housekeeping to be on the look out for our items, and they weren't even aware of the situation. Odd. If I were head of security, housekeeping would be resource of choice to do a "discrete sweep of the guest rooms." Nada.

This was not our first trip and overall guest behavior this time was unlike what we've seen in the past. It was more like spring break than the typical more mature, yet still sexy Temptations vibe. I spoked with a member of the sales staff and they said that because of the financial impact of swine flu a year ago May, everyone was hurting and a lot of rooms were sold off to Travelocity, Expedia, etc at rock bottom prices. That contract is coming to an end (next month) and the economy is picking back up. Maybe with the rates going up a bit, the crowd will change back to more what we're used to.

All that being said. We still love it there and wish we were still there. We're members, so we'll be back. Can't wait till Unik opens on Isla Mujeres so we can check that out.

Thanks again everyone. Maybe its a little pollyanna of me, but I'm still hoping someone who had a few too many picked it up unintentionally and when the find it they will do the right thing....but who knows..

Cheers.

10. FunwithHNJ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @ 12531: When were you guys there when the stuff went missing? I was told by the security manager, "This has NEVER happened before." I just smiled and nodded....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice