Looking to buy a futon mattress

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by JohnB, Jan 4, 2013.

1. JohnB

JohnB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last time someone asked about futons was in 2009, so I'm hoping there are better options these days. Back then the suggestions were the typical places I'd think to look: CostCo, Soriana, Walmart, etc.

Any new suggestions on a place to buy a futon mattress? Unfortunately, I need one this weekend. :icon_cry:

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Telebodega

3. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. JohnB

JohnB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the suggestions. I hit up the Telebodega in Playa and was told the only place to buy futons was Sam's, Chedraui, and Walmart. I went to Sam's and Chedraui, and sure enough, they did.

Unfortunately, the mattresses could not be purchased separately (without a frame). In the end, it was cheaper to re-use the existing futon frame and buy an inexpensive mattress from Telebodega. We have no use for a couch in our guest room, so this serves our purpose just fine.

Although traffic sucks here (in Playa) this high season, I would have battled the insane taxistas and trekked up to Cancun if there was a place guaranteed to sell just futon mattresses. I guess there is just not a big enough market for futons here. Maybe Dragon Mart will be our savior.

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    John B - we have a futon and we have bean bags which convert into matresses for guests. We ordered online ahttp://sillonespuff.com/sillon-puff/
    nd they arrived within a week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice