Looking For Advice To Save

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Rob&Patti, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Rob&Patti

Rob&Patti Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Hello All :)
    My wife and I stayed at TTR back in December 2014. Absolutely one of the BEST vacations we ever had and we vowed we'd go back often. Well, with 4 kids that like to travel as well and other things that life throws us, we just never got the opportunity to head back.
    Prices have changed greatly since our stay, and it's to be expected, since the reno, it looks more incredible than ever!
    Just wondering if anyone had some advice on how we can save some $ on a booking? Whether it be a website, little known discount codes, anything at all.
    5 years is a long time to have been away and wifey and I could really use a sweet couple only vacay with some adult themes. Anything you can suggest would be appreciated :)

R&P

2. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Hey guys! We have been shopping a lot through Kayak and Expedia and bla, bla bla. We found that you have to be on there every day, and it has a lot to do with the season you want. Summer time is the lowest price in general cause it is low season. We have been there in Nov-Dec start of low season with good average prices and now, end of April at beginning of low season at what we found to be high enough prices for this tme of year.
    It is expensive for us in Canada with the exchange rate being this high.Not encouraging at all. Just keep looking and keep your history clear on your computer cause it does make a difference. Make your research from different airports and with different airlines. We are trying Interjet this time which is a pretty well unknown airline up here but caries a pretty good rep from what we've read. Hope it will be good flying from Montreal this Friday morning.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    Give all inclusive outlet a call. They had the best price for our trip. When you call them it will be a little cheaper than what you will get on their website. Before booking, I checked all the major places for the exact same date and airport. AIO beat them all. The next closest one was $150 US more, and it was cheapcarribean.com 14 day vacation at 2 different resorts (9 TTR bash tower/ 4DRM garden view) with air, for $5900. Flights was $1385 of that. So the rooms was $4515. This was for August 2019.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Time of year makes a big difference too. Seems like some people are getting great deals for September and October already.

We check alpharooms, cheaptickets and Expedia typically but will add trying something like trivago which checks a lot of sites at once next time as some have had success then being connected with sites like travelup which seems to have some of the best prices lately.

Don’t assume they will all have the same prices. So compare. And adjust your arrival dates several times as that will change prices too.

5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    We are flying Interjet at the end of June...please post or PM me about your experience! My husband is concerned about not flying with one of the big airlines...he thinks there are going to be pedals on the floor. :rolleyes: We sure got a huge deal on our flights, but Interjet only flies out of Vancouver and Montreal I believe, so it doesn't help other Canadians, sadly.

Here's a tip for booking Interjet: book in pesos instead of Cdn or USD. The price was over $100 cheaper for the two tickets in pesos, and we have a credit card that (after foreign currency transactions fee) gives us 1.5% back on foreign currency transactions.

Have an amazing trip!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    I’m still paying basically the same thing I pay every visit...pre and post renovation. I do well with Orbitz, Expedia and Priceline. Time of year is definitely huge factor. You can save a bunch going when others don’t. Early December and late April through June has been good to us!

7. Thomas Sands

Thomas Sands Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Travel Agents can also get a lot better deals than you think. They make the commission which a good agent would give you some of that back. They also have connections with the more they sale the more they get some free nights and could pass some onto you.

8. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    We found the best rate with travelup.com kept an eye on it, consistently cleared our history, ended up paying 1300 for trendy ocean for 5 nights!!! Did the same for out flights but I'm getting a little more savvy with getting a credit card with the best travel rewards. I've heard of others getting a good rate with cancelon but I believe those bookings are reliant on cancellations.

9. S&M280

S&M280 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +501 / 1
    Paying about the same. Time of year. Also go through bookit.com What we do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice