Looking for a long lost friend.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by saritacarita, Jan 26, 2007.

1. saritacarita

saritacarita Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Might this be the place to ask? :wink:

By the way, I am Sarah, :wavey: a lifetime loyal lover of all things Cancun. I am a new member and just joined this lovely site today after lurking around for a while, taking fond trips down memory lane. :sunny:

2. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the forum Sarah.

So...what's the story? I want to hear it, or do you need a few shots of tequila first?

3. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Sarah and welcome :D

4. saritacarita

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :oops:
    I am sure it is one you've all heard before.

Girl goes to Cancun, girl meets local boy. Girl and local boy fall in love. Girl and local boy keep in touch after girl leaves. Girl returns to see local boy two more times. Girl and boy fall deeply in love and decide to be together.
    Girl gets scared. Girl freaks out and refuses boy' :cry: phone calls. Girl loses touch with boy.

Now girl regrets decision and wants to find boy.

But I have no idea how to go about doing that. At all. A lot of time has passed. :(

5. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd start where he worked, especially if he had been there for some time.

How much time? 2 years? five years? Of course, the longer it's been, the less chance of finding him where he had worked before.

6. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel for you honey. God knows I made many mistakes I have regreted it throughout my life.

You might want to try to find him without him knowing. Make sure he's not married with kids and stuff, and decide later if you still want to talk to him. Some of us carry very heavy loads and need forgiveness, forgiveness that can only be obtained by apologizing.

It's pathetic how at one point we felt on top of the world thinking the good things would always be coming to us, only to realize 20 years later that the things we let go, became the most important and cherished in our lives.

I broke a few hearts due to my own inmaturity, insecurity and selfishness. I try not to complaint much tho, life got even with me. The only things that scares me is...the balance sheet hasn't even gotten close to zero yet.

Get the info out, cancun despite it's population seems like a small town. I know in Playa everyone knows one another. As far as you know, it could be TJ or Juan Platonsero.

Best of you luck to you.

7. saritacarita

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think you nailed my feelings exactly MV. :) Thanks for understanding.

That's why I came here.

I guess if anyone who lives there is willing to PM me, I can give them his name etc., and they can let me know if they know him, or anything about him. I'd appreciate any info. I could get at this point. He is 35 years old, FTR.
    Thanks, Sarah (no, I am not some teenybopper) :lol:

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi

hi there,
    I'm Jen! I live here so let me know if I can help you at all.
    :)

9. saritacarita

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! I PMd you. :wink:

10. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Of course, you don't want to post all of this stuff on the board, but things that'd be a lot more useful than his name would be: the state he's from, where he's worked, what his job usually is, and the nickname he goes by with his friends and coworkers.

And his CURP #! Just kidding on that one, but the other things I mentioned are the ways I remember people, rarely by their names.

For example, if it were my boyfriend you were looking for and you went to the last place he worked and asked if Edgar was there, everyone would say, Huh But if you asked for Tuz or El Chino, they'd say, "Oh yeah, I have his cell number."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice