Lock Out For Members Areas At Desire

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Lindilou, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Hi, we are members at TTR and understand the mechanics of the membership. Is there areas at DRM that are only for members and what should we NOT miss while there for 4 nights?

2. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    We just left TTR today after 4 days but spent the first 3 of our week at DRM. We are not members but did not notice anything closed to Non-members. We had a blast at Desire! It will probably be our next stop instead of TTR, just personal preference as we are getting older and can’t party as hard anymore. Lol.

3. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    There are no dedicated Member areas at Desire RM or Pearl like they have at Temptation. Members do get some priority access to beach beds and pool loungers but there’s enough for all at Desire unlike TTR.
    Desire RM is 114 rooms and 4 villas
    Desire Pearl is 88 rooms and 8 (I think) Mansion rooms
    TTR is 430 rooms so amenities there are more challenging to get access to so they create dedicated spaces.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    No!

5. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We were at DRM this past July and we went on a referral. On our first night, we had the Members' dinner, which was poolside, very nice with a set menu.

6. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    We are members and we hate the dedicated areas... like we hate the fact that our friends can't access roof top area without paying when we want to go up for lunch. It's not like we want to spend the day...we just want to have lunch and relax a couple hours! The space up there is so underused we can't imagine the waste! It is so nice at all hours, it could be a sales pitch to get people up there at night. They'd probably sell way more memberships if they'd allow the pool and tubs up there to be open at night. Major wasted prime land ioho!

7. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    What should we not miss? What is there at DRM that I should attend for the wife to justify us spending more to go there instead of TTR?
    This split trip with DRM is my wanting for us to experience something more. ( got it through cause it'll be my 50th bday!) The clothing optional is one plus for me but for wifee, doesn't mean much. So I need all the pluses I can get to show her what could be worth while.
    Need your help on this guys!!! ;)

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Stacia was similar on "Why would I want to go." Now, she prefers DRM to TTR. "On paper," it doesn't seem like it'd be a positive comparison in favor of DRM except for the clothing-optional part for some folks. It's smaller, it has less "stuff," "the crazy swinger people all go there," all that stuff.

....but...

Keep in mind DRM (and Pearl) are clothing "optional" so it's not like everyone's running around butt-ass naked everywhere all day long. Some, if not most, people sort of "ease into" the nudity, with a sort of significant percentage of the ladies keeping bikini bottoms on for a while until they grow accustomed to the idea. I mean, I can see their point, "I just spend $125 on this tiny little Malibu Strings swimsuit and I'm gonna wear it!" That rings of truth, but eventually, when one is there, the nudity option... sort of simply goes into the background, so to speak. It becomes a "non-thing," if that makes any sense.

The people at DRM, usually, have been to TTR a few times Notable exceptions here, some folks have only been to the Desires and avoid TTR because they've heard it's "too crazy over there," which may have a bit of truth to it, sometimes), and you can get into fascinating conversations with people who were, naturally, sort of aging out of what they "used to do," (e.g. beer pong, quarters, keg stands, pitcher chug contests, etc) and discovering a new level of fun & games (e.g. bodyshots, some sexy PDA, open flirty stuff with others, a bit of grab-assery with your special person... or maybe that neat-O person(s) y'all just met...) and so forth. We've found that, generally, what happens at TTR is like Groundhog Day, and while it's a good time, it's the same (with admittedly different colors on the g-string bottoms) each day. At DRM, talking to and meeting new people is even more, if you can believe it, interesting and compelling than at TTR. For those who are really into All the LS options, which we're not but we like y'all, I think that the places are pretty much equal in opportunity. IT s a bit more "open" but just barely, at DRM than at TTR (Pearl was so damn "relaxed" we couldn't event ell), so if you are into finding new people to hang out/be with that's sort of a push... except that TTR is bigger and has more people "around," which can be either a good thing, or a bad thing, depending ont he situation in which you find yourself.

Recently, I've noticed that people are... starting to... not complain about repetitious music at TTR (both Sexy Pool & Bash) as much as previously. We've not been, so I can't sound off on that. I can attest that the music at DRM is widely varied, both during the day and from day-to-day. The only issue I have with it is (apologies, my Mexicanos) I can't stand the music on Latin Night. Just not my thing. So, that night we typically escape the "show" (typically downstairs at the main lobby "bar area," and go upstairs to the nightclub/disco, where we have private (nobody's up there but our folks) run of the place and apparent control of the DJ. It is NOT like TTR where that dude just blows people off, we get requests up all the time, sometimes for an hour or more. THAT is a party-starter, it's true.

For us, the food is better at DRM than at TTR, witht he exception of lunch which, when at TTR, we get at the rooftop. Rooftob lunch at TTR is hard to beat!

Youc an find fun people at both, you can find the "party" at both, if you're into it, you can find LS stuff to do at both. For us, it's just that the people "met" at DRM are WAY more interesting and easy to bonmd with quickly than those at TTR. I blame that on our having been to TTR 30+ times and experiencing the Groundhog Day effect for ourselves a lot... which isn't necessarily a "bad thing," it's just... a thing.

9. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Thanks John! Excellent spread-out.
    Very anxious to experience by ourselves. We just came back from TTR and can't wait to just fly back!
    Only question....you stated that on Latin night you escaped to your private place upstairs at a nigjhtclub/disco....Is that open to everyone? This is the kind of thing where limitations irritate us. We want to be able to go where it feels good and where we can enjoy.
    The LS part is not what we go there for but we do find that people who are LS oriented are far more open to talk about anything and everything than anyone we had a chance to chat with. People can be scared and whatnot but we think these folks can bring out the best in everything. Just our 2 cents!
    Also hope we'll find our match to the roof top lunch at Desire!!

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Well, latter first, you're not going to find as super-excellent a lunch at DRM as is available at the Rooftop bar, but the food IS good. It's just not THAT good. LOL!

As to the nightclub, we "make it private" simply because we go up before anyone else seems to do. There's a band downstairs most times for Latin Night, playing tejano/mexicano music poplular (I AM guessing) in Mexico, and it's just not our thing. So, since the bartenders usually start "opening" the nightclub around 9:00 p.m. or so, as soon as the band starts on Latin Night, we go upstairs as noted before. So, it's "private" just because very few people know how to do that. Come on up, the club's the thing. No cover charge or anything...LOL!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice