Lobster dinner on the beach?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by kkmarcus, Oct 24, 2011.

1. kkmarcus

kkmarcus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone ever had the lobster dinner on the beach? We're interested in checking it out this year for something different than the usual restuarants at the resort. Great food but just want something different. How much, how many people and how difficult to make the arrangements?

2. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    don't do drops of love, waste of your money. but my husband had the lobster (we ate on our patio because it was raining) and he said it was good (just last Tuesday). I don't like seafood so I had prime rib instead of lobster. If they can do the private dinner without drops of love, it was a nice thing, it just isn't worth the price of that package for what you get and don't get that they promise!

3. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    They charge $84 per couple to your room, you pay when you check out. So that doesn't include the tip for your waiter who has to maneuver the beach to get your meats. There is a buffet with all the salads, sides, deserts, and then your waiter gets you whatever meat you want, lobster, steak, chicken, fish. It was a very enjoyable experience and it was beautiful sitting right along the shoreline enjoying a meal. But none of the meat was top-quality meat, which is why it is all you can eat. We enjoyed the salad and the chicken most of all as far as the food goes. We probably won't do it again, but it was worth it to check it out once, and experience a romantic lobster dinner on the beach. Here is a picture:
    [​IMG]

4. zurc

zurc I want to grow up to be Chino's! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I remember doing it several years ago. If i remember correctly it was around 60 bucks for all you can eat and an upgraded liquor package. The prime rib was nothing special but the lobster, shrimp and I want to say scallops were all pretty good. A nice experience if your looking for a change of pace.

5. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Yes, that's right, they also had shrimp and scallops available, and you can make as many trips to the salad bar and desert table as you would like, just don't wear heels ladies as you have to walk up and down the beach to get to the salad bar.

6. kkmarcus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is drops of love an upgraded room package? We upgraded one year to oceanview and found that we had the same or better view the year before going standard. It wasn't worth the money either. Thanks for the tip Sultryfox.

7. kkmarcus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That was the year we met you guys Zurc. :daveandmo: Do you remember who you made the reservations with?

8. zurc

zurc I want to grow up to be Chino's! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Oh yeah, that was the year we met. :ernaehrung015: All the years are staring to mesh at this point. If memory serves it was at the same place you make the reservations for the specialty resturaunts. I do remember them saying that they charge it to your room but I did get away with just paying cash so I don't know if that's still in affect.

9. Denise B

Denise B Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    My husband and I really enjoyed our beach side dinner last December. We tried everything offered and enjoyed the better quality wine. The lobster was very good as was the steaks. The service was exceptional, we were not rushed and the wine kept coming. We booked at the front desk and paid 48.00 per person at check out. I know this December we'll be doing it again. Cheers

10. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    fun

hey guys, sounds like we could make it a team effort...the italian is never big enough for our group, perhaps the beach will be.... but i just remebered brenda is coming so we will have to fight over the lobster betwen her and travis...lol ...it was definately a fun night I think about 10 of us did it... jessie????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice