Lifestyle/costume Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JandD, Jul 7, 2021.

1. JandD

JandD Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    This has probably been asked a hundred times….but Wife and I are going for the first time this Fall…. We are not in the lifestyle, but…this is our first time there, and we have had a lot of discussion on this topic…but how do you answer if asked if we are in the lifestyle, if we don’t know yet? We may want to play a little, but if we answer we are not, then we don’t want to send the wrong vibe out…

also, ladies…again, this is our first visit, and my Wife is nervous about what to wear, going topless.. all understandable…. Although, I think she will let her guard down quickly once we are there…Having trouble finding costumes that would fit…any recommendations?

thanks for all the help!!
    We are so excited to get there and meet some new friends!!

2. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    I suggest being honest if asked. Simply say, we're not sure, we're testing the waters! People in the lifestyle appreciate nothing more than honest folks. I remember our first trip to Temptation, 10 years ago. Never dreamed I'd take my top off but I did on the first day! I suggest bringing a mix of "comfort zone" clothes and clothes she would never wear at home... chances are those are the things she'll reach for when getting ready for the evening/night.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Vegas in TX

Vegas in TX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0
    We are not in the lifestyle and were there for the first time in May. We had many of the same concerns you had. But just being honest and not trying to pretend to be something you are not was the best approach. It didn't lead to any uncomfortable situations or drive people away. In fact we spent much of the trip hanging out with lifestyle couples and found them to be some of the friendliest, most respectful, and protective people around.

As for the costumes, we really dressed for the parties each night with costumes we wouldn't have been caught dead in anywhere else. It really helped enhance the evenings events and put some spark back. I would recommend stepping out of your comfort zone and remember "no one knows you and no one cares".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    We agree with all the above... as Europeans, we still struggle tho with the topless concern, For evening wear ( theme costumes) check the gallery pages, lots of wonderful ideas there...a pot hole dress is a very good basic, depends on your wife's Desire to expand her comfort zone, if she does, from experience, she'll luv it. So, that's your wife sorted, what will you wear on lingerie nights and other themed nights ??

5. bllueabyss

bllueabyss Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    I say you just let us Buy you a couple Tequila Shots when you arrive .lol..:):)

Chris and Angel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    The great thing about the resort is you can be as tame or as wild as you want; no one pressures you at all. I did not take my top off until my 4th visit, so she does not have to step out of her comfort zone at all. Also, my husband and I are the most vanilla couple anywhere. But at Temptation, we feel free to let that guard down, to let inhibitions go, because we know no one there knows us or cares. There's a good chance she will experience this sense of freedom as well. Have you guys read through reviews? I'd look at Trip Advisor, Expedia, etc Not all are stellar reviews, but it can give good insight on what to expect.

Mrs C

7. britsrhot2

britsrhot2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 10
    So our question is .
    Where in any of the official resort information does it mention the word “lifestyle”
    Temptation is marketed and an adults only topless optional playground .
    Did we miss something ?

8. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    I think many people make the association on their own assuming "adult only" and topless to be "lifestyle".

9. brent&kells

brent&kells I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3
    Lol, I know you are joking around but for the sake of the first timers asking the question, I wanna give my point of view on this.

Technically the FAQ on the Temptation website specifically states that Temptation is not a lifestyle resort.......But, I would say that is done to make it clear that people going there should not assume everyone else is in the lifestyle and to make people that know nothing about the lifestyle feel more comfortable booking. Truth be told, for our first trip we were rather nervis about what the resort would be like.

That being said....

It doesnt take long between the FB groups, this forum and being at Temptation to see that there is a very open and embraced lifestyle atmosphere for those interested. Temptation doesnt specifically market this, but the fact is it is clearly there.

It's not a "lifestyle resort" but theres no denying that it is clearly a very popular destination for people in the lifestyle to go. It is most definately a resort where lifestyle people/couples can go and feel comfortable living their best lives without being judged by others.

The same thing can be said for us going as people not in the lifestyle. We dont feel any pressure while ther to do anything we arnt comfortable with. It's not a lifestyle people on one side and "vanilla" on the other. It's just an awesome mix of awesome people, doing awesome things in an awesome place.

If we were looking to test the lifestyle waters in any way, I couldnt think of a better place to do so than Temptation. The fact that it's not specically a lifestyle resort reassures that there is no expectation or implication that you are there for that reason, but when you feel like testing those waters, it's all right there for you.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • List
  10. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    The resort does not claim to be a lifestyle resort. However, those of us who have been there, know that there are a lot of lifestyle people there and there can be a swinging vibe among many. Again, you do not have to be in the lifestyle to enjoy the resort, but if you are, you will be comfortable as well.

For those of you who have never been to TTR, I will briefly describe our first visit there, in 2013. We were such a vanilla, naive couple. We had never done anything risque. When we got to Temptation, we met friendly couples and chatted. Later, we'd see the wife of one couple making out (kissing, petting) the husband of another couple. That blew our minds. Later, in the pool, we met a nice couple from Quebec. They spoke very little English, but somehow, several men would make their way over and chat. It seemed apparent that they were setting something up as the couple would exit the pool with these single guys and head toward the rooms. This happened over at least 3 days.

In the evening, at PatyO's (which has now been replaced by Bash) we saw a beautiful woman talking with several guests. A man was fondling her butt. We found this entertaining to watch in itself, but later realized this was not the guy she was with. This made it more intriguing. (Again, we had never seen anything remotely like this) Then, another woman came to fondle the woman's ass (it was a fine ass) Then all 3 or 4 of them headed up the stairs towards the rooms.

These were observations we made on our first day there. Every day since has been similar with observations. It's not a full out swingers' club with blatant group sex or anything like that. But it's a casual, friendly, sexy atmosphere that is open for people who want to flirt and/or swing. Like @brent&kells said above, if you want to test the waters, it's a great place for it.

And if you don't, if you like staying outside of the LS box, you will be OK as well.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice