Leftoverbroke

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by SheikYerboottie, Oct 19, 2016.

1. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey! Kansas is coming to the Peabody Opera House in St Louis 10/20/16!, the 40th anniversary tour of the Leftoverture LP, which they are performing in it's entirety!

The band only has two original members, Rich Williams (the eye patch guy) and drummer Phil Earnhardt. Only problem, Uecker seats are $60 USD, up to $200 orchestra section tix, which is freaking absurd. In 1978-79 when they were the top grossing live tour arena act in the world, maybe. This is one of my favorite bands ever, and I was fortunate to meet them in 2005, which included original lead singer Steve Walsh (nice guy looks shorter in person) and violinist Robbie Steinhart, really nice guy, had a 20 minute or so chat with, he really loves his fans, just like when I met Eric Burdon in the 1990's he was trashed and funny. The whole band signed my "Two For The Show" double live album too! Looks like I'll be searching through my approx. 2000 33 1/3 LP collection instead of doling out that kind of cash.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
  3. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OMG I just fount this, is one of my favorite songs ever!

Soooo much classic stuff like this just crying to be heard! Steve was born in western Missouri, and he and Robbie are the only two original members not from Topeka KS. Though a dollar a day didn't go that too far I could never not deny my pride, I couldn't lay back and being care of while the world outside went by......but I remember back in Kansas, when we sang this song at night.......

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice