Latest Tweaks and Update

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by Steve, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I hired an expert to fix a few outstanding issues that were beyond my capability.
    • Photos from an album on the old system that were embedded in a post will now show again.
    • Youtube videos posted on the old system will now resolve to the playable video
    • Some posts had multiple items of extraneous bbcode, the code has now been removed.

I've also added a sticky for USA private transfers to each forum, you can now book direct from the links in that post without going to a landing page. You can also now request quotes for 3 leg journeys and hotel to hotel transfers. These links work great on mobile too.

I've also added the Boobs Cruise deposit payment form to each Boobs Cruise thread which means you'll also be able to book the Boobs Cruise directly from the thread without having to go to a landing page first. edit to add: This caused some security issues so have had to disable it :(

Traffic is growing quickly again. Not sure if it's because of the new system, the fact we are getting closer to the hotel reopening or improved Google rankings, probably a combination of all three.

Next project (already well underway) is to work on the main website, make that more modern, mobile friendly and future proof for another 5 -7 years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I noticed that I can find my old friend, the New Posts link, again. It wasn't there a couple-few weeks back, now it's on every page in the standard link list. Cool...

3. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I'm not sure it ever disappeared John, but glad you found it again :)

4. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
  5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  6. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    Steve, I'm in the process of creating a website for one of my businesses so I wanted to take just a moment and thank you for all of your hard work.
    Keeping this forum updated and moving smoothly is a BIG time consuming thing and after going through all of the BS that I'm going through to just get a simple reselling website up and running, it really makes me appreciate all of your hard work so "us" hard drinking, hard partying, half naked and yes, sometimes completely naked TTR folks have a place to meet up and sometimes discuss critical issues like what panties am I wearing on Friday night if I even choose to wear any!!!
    So, Thank you. Tyler and I hope that you have many more successful years in all of your endeavors.

xoxo
    Angie

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks Angie.

It is a lot of work, but also a job and a living so I put the hours in just like anyone else does at their job. Kind of addictive too, there are always ways to improve a website and I'm a stats junkie so forever looking at the affect any changes have and then seek to tweak them to improve performance and traffic. It never ends.

If you want to let me know more about the "BS" you're going through with your own website feel free to send me a message with more details and I might be able to offer some advice.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  8. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    I like the new location of the forum tab on the main page, I use to always hit the Boobs Cruise tab by mistake when it was in the middle of the main page, the forum tab would always jump over after the page fully loaded, Thanks Steve.

T

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yep forum link at the end of the row seems more logical.

Still have lots of pages to add to the main site, I'm adding around 1 a day so should be finished by Christmas!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice