Keeping My Money. Need Help!

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches' started by Curious1, May 3, 2023.

1. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Hi I have exhausted all my resources and need help please.

We booked for Miches early last year to visit for a week for NYE 2023. However, when we heard about the delayed opening we did not want to risk not being able to go so we canceled way in advance October to be exact.

I even got an email from them stating I would get our deposit back within 30 days in the amount of $703.

Fast forward to now with many phone calls and emails about said refund and still no update or response. I have emailed at least 20x with the Dominican Republic Temptation refund team and not 1x have they responded.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is crazy its been 7 months and still no refund.

2. Fredmgill

Fredmgill Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    I am not sure if this will get you anywhere. We were booked for Halloween. We had communicated for months and finally got this person to take care of us. FYI, we were rebooking, not requesting a refund. but this person did respond, not quickly, but eventually. I would put her name in the Subject Line. Her name is Alba Maria Tuz Chimal and the email address was Res.miches@original-group.com

Good Luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Thank you. I appreciate it

4. knowwhatimean

knowwhatimean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +987 / 0
    Just do a credit card charge back. You get your money back instantly and the credit card company deals with it. They have 60 days to respond and if they don't you automatically win. There's no point in trying to deal with the resort at this point.

5. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Thank you but I believe there is a time limit on when I could have done that with my credit card company but I will check.

6. Jef2035

Jef2035 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I canceled a trip back in Feb and rebooked at a lower rate. We were at the resort last month. I still haven't received my refund from Feb.
    We spoke with a manager while there that said they are having a hard time paying the bills and if occupancy doesn't increase he thinks they have 5 months .

7. knowwhatimean

knowwhatimean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +987 / 0
    How is that your problem? I would have lost it! This kind of stuff is exactly why nobody wants to book there. I just can't believe how bad they're handling these refunds from months ago. You have to believe that they know how bad the reviews are of this situation.

8. ash09

ash09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Damn, that's kinda concerning... 5 months to survive? Like they'll close if bookings don't increase in the next 5 months?

9. Jef2035

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes, he told me that they were not paying some of their bills. They have owed me $3,570 for over 3 months now. Its important to note that a different invest group runs this property.
    Its not the same group as the property's in Cancun.

10. Jef2035

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Over 4 months now and still no refund! All they do is give you some BS about the accounting dept.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice