Just Returned!

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by TheGingerandTheGiant, Feb 22, 2017.

1. TheGingerandTheGiant

TheGingerandTheGiant Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    We just returned from our fourth trip to the Sens, and it was a terrific vacation!

We spent 3 days at the Grand Oasis Cancun before we checked into the Sens, and would not go back. The drinks were all prepackaged syrup stuff. You could not get a mojito or other fresh-made drinks. I'm not picky about my alcohol, but the lousy drinks, coupled with really bad service left a bad taste in my mouth. There were kids everywhere, and we knew the resort was not adults only, but after having traveled to adults only hotels for the last few trips, it was a good reminder to stick with the adults only resorts in the future!

We had room 811, and it was not an oceanview, it was a lagoon view (we don't care, as we don't spend much time in our room). The room was immaculate, and we had no issues with room service or tidiness. Our room was cleaned every day, some days later than others. Again, this is not a big deal to us. Our minibar was restocked every day, except for the Milky Way bars, doggone it. We decided to not let it ruin our trip.

I can't comment on the reservations, as we didn't eat at any restaurants that required reservations. There are 4 restaurants open every night that require no reservations at all--the buffet, Moonlight (Italian), Muerdeme Mucho (Mexican) and Maki Taco (Mexican/Asian fusion), and we happily stuck to those choices in the evenings. We were very happy to see the buffet open for dinner. That was a new thing, and it was really nice to have it as an option.

We spend most of our time at the Lagoon pool when we're at the Sens. About half the women out there were topless. We enjoyed the hot tub area behind the Schillabar in the evenings when the pools started getting chilly. We had no trouble getting beds or chairs saved, as late as 10 a.m. in the morning.

We discovered the Sens before we went to TTR for the first time. We enjoy the facilities there, they have made mad improvements, and are planning even more, so we are continuing to frequent both on future trips to Cancun. Please feel free to ask any questions.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Nice to hear a positive review as so many seem negative about the Sens.

3. Carlos&Alicia

Carlos&Alicia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +500 / 0
    We have been to SENS 2 times, both times my fiance went topless in all the pools and both times, i encourage most of the females we met there to go topless too and most did. :) Nothing will ever beet TTR, but if I had to choose between SENS and GP, they both have boring night life, but at least at SENS no one complained about anyone going TOPLESS. It was at SENS where we were first introduced to TTR. Like many have state in other threads, it's what you make it and if you have a large group of TTR folks, even better!

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice