just canceled my may 12 trip

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, Apr 28, 2009.

1. darkladydi

darkladydi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we where booked for the cancun palace for may 12 to the 19, and we are going to wait and rebook later this summer. so very said to have to do this....

2. Brett61

Brett61 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I leave tomorrow and can't wait!!!! I still think you should go, just take plenty of hand sanitizer :)

3. cancunwhoopie

cancunwhoopie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This will all be OLD news by next week. Get your grip and get on with your trip. This has to remind you about Y2K. Look what happened with that. Come on folks it is the flu, so far they have not impressed.

4. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whoopie,
    RIGHT ON!!! I like the Y2K referance.
    Let's not depend so much on CNN and more on common sense.
    Steve posted a great map, look at it, we are hundreds of miles away from infected areas.

5. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what a shame people are taking drastic measures without checking the full story.
    It's the same all over, I've had 5 cancellations. But then why would people listen to us when the media is in it's typical frenzy!

6. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen people won't listen to us because we ACTUALLY Live here and they don't. We can say what happens day to day and everday.
    Listen folks if you are not living here don't judge it. You have to live here for a while, immerse yourself in the culture, the wonderful Family attitude, The e-Enterment and MTV views of Cancun are not real. My Neighbors are great I say "We are going away for a few days." I return home to a cleaned yard and my house in tact, shoot it's been working for 7 years. If you live here speak if not "Shut the F&*+ up.
    Take time to get into what the REAL Mexican culture is like. I would like to see many people move here for 6 months. Those of us who live here know you wouldn't 3 months.
    Sorry for speaking my mind.

7. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I certainly don't blame anyone for putting off their vacation until we know more. It may "piss off" you folks for some reason, but I really don't care.

8. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool, be comfortable. :cool:

9. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me see:
    Bird flu-not as deadly as predicted people travel all over.
    SARS-not as deadly as predicted people travel all over.
    Swine Flu-few overall sick people compared to planet population, people are afraid, news media makes this bigger then it really is, and WHO and politicians fall for it hook line and sinker.

Oh yes I do know there are deaths from all 3 but overall so far no major deal compared to the annual death from the regular flu season.

People go and travel and enjoy Cancun and its environs. IT is still very safe.

10. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is what we have been trying to tell people, It's just the Flu and we have this every year. DUH, Why is everybody worried, I don't understand. It is going to spread globally no matter what we do. It does this every year. Why worry as we have lived through this every year.

I am going period. That is final and I am going to have a blast.

Don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice