Just back

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Luvmx309, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Luvmx309

Luvmx309 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys were so nice to answer my questions before I left so thought I should give you a trip report. Hubby and I stayed at Grand Oasis with our 18 yr old son and his friend.

We were put in the pyramid which was great. I paid the same for both rooms, but the boys had a very small regular room and we somehow got a huge corner room with a huge bathroom, whirlpool, huge shower, blowdryer, iron & ironing board, etc. We got the black wristbands so we had fridges in the room with free bottles of water, pop, and beer daily and free 24 hour room service. We used the room service quite a few times and it was always quick and tasty. We had a few restaurants and a couple bars that only black wristbands could use and the bars had good drinks, tequila shots, whatever you wanted. We had a buffet for black bands only that was really good too. It was very windy the whole week and the waves were huge.

Spring break was still going on. The DJ was still at the phase 1 pool with games, etc. The boys partied and we were glad we were there keeping an eye on them because they needed our help a few times. They partied with a bunch from New Zealand and Canada and now think Canadians are the coolest fun people ever.

The boys did not get charged the $27 spring breaker fee, I guess because they were on our reservation. We got a day pass from the concierge one day to the Oasis Viva Beach where they have a really nice beach with palapas and calm water. It is very shallow though, only getting up to my shoulder at the deepest point. The foam party still goes on on Thurs. night and with black wristbands you jump the line, get in free, and drink free. It was packed but most people I saw were miserable after being in the foam with eyes stinging, etc.

After walking around the whole place I was really glad we were in the pyramid because when we walked through the phase 1 & 2 buildings on the lagoon side there was a sulfur stench that would have drove me nuts if I had to smell that all week. I never smelled it anywhere else. Our flight home wasn't until 9pm and for $30 I was able to keep our room until 6pm which was well worth it as we got another whole day in. I just had to check in the morning if their was availability and luckily there was.

As a whole, I didn't think Cancun seemed any different than usual. The boys even got themselves into some situations that could have turned bad if not for them lucking out that everone they met were nice. Once they were lost on the bus and the only passengers and the bus driver made sure they got back safely, they slept with their slider door open all night on 1 st floor and luckily nobody came in the room and took things, they left stuff out and the maid didn't take anything, got stuck in the riptide and the lifeguard helped them out, got drunk at the City and nobody stole or arrested them, etc. Now that we've made it home safe & sound I can rest from my vacation! We all agreed they were too young to go on their own and anybody who sends their 18 yr old daughters is especially nuts!!

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Happy to hear everything worked out, it sounds like you all have a great time!

3. ChadD

ChadD Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad your family had a great time considering you were at the Oasis. And yes, that sulfur stench got REAL old after a while, and unfortunately the shower water smelled like it, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice