July - Help me pick a party hotel

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Hyru, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hyru

Hyru Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to Cancun for our 8th time.
    This time we will be staying for 2 weeks...

1 of the weeks we'll be doing the all inclusive at ME Cancun... However, we need a hotel for our 2nd week there as well.

We have already stayed at Riu Cancun and Riu Palace, and would like to avoid Riu's now.

We also want something relatively close to the clubbing zone.

We have also stayed as Oasis and it is just too low quality hotel wise for us to want to go back

We have also stayed at Gran Caribe Real and Cancun Palace, we liked both and are hoping we can find something that is equivalent to these hotels.

1) What are our options?

2) What is the age range of those in Temptations? Would a mid and high 20's group of guys have a good time here? Any single ladies or all couples?

3) How is Golden Parnassus? Party crowd? Age? Hotel quality?

If I could put it all in a nutshell.... Riu Cancun was the perfect hotel in terms of quality and crowd/party... now, we need something that is similar to Riu but is not a riu hotel....

In terms of importance for us:
    1) Crowd/Age/Girls
    2) Distance and Quality of Hotel

Help us

God bless
    :liebe039:

2. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone?

3. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Temptations ages 21 - 70, eveyone get along just fine

4. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On average though.... isnt it mainly 35+? I understand there may be the odd 20 year old here or there, but on average, would we be ok if were in our mid and high 20's? Were really looking for a crowd thats a few years either above or below our age on average

5. NicHamburg

NicHamburg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DO Temptations, a good diversion from the posh, stylish and upper-class ME :-D

I am sure you will have a blast there.

6. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dude, if you are going with bunch of single guys whose main goal is girls/party then go to either Krystal or Grand Oasis.

Here's why...I went to Temptations with my single buddies multiple times, it's part hotel but I was disappointed with quantity of single girls. There weren't any decent single girls who I would hit on, most of them were cougars type with their hubbies. And, another disappointing factor is that hotel has too many guys. It's like 4 guys for 1 girl.

My last trip was Grand Oasis and trip before that was at Krystal. I met bunch of single beautiful ladies from all over the world who were in their 20's. And, we hooked up with many of them and still in contact with them.

If you want to laugh and do bunch of day time activities then go to Temptations, but you won't see that many single chicks. You will have to rely on outside clubs for that.

Go to Krystal or Grand Oasis and if you are decent looking and have some game, you will get it going first day:) Thanks me later.

7. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw that you went to Oasis, Grand Oasis is upgrade and much better food.

How is ME? I never been there, Is it worth going?

8. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I havent been to ME, but from my research, its an upscale, Miami south beach type of crowd/atmosphere. I think it'll be good.... However, bang for buck (if youre a single guy) would be Riu Cancun... Ive just stayed there twice already (and Riu Palace once), so its out of the question for now....

Is Grand Oasis a completely different section of the hotel, or is it the same hotel as Oasis Cancun with just some upgrades?

Ive looked at the pics of krystal and it just seems too..... low quality'ish?
    Did you like Grand Oasis or Krystal better?

We really dont want to be stuck amongst the cougar crowd with their husbands... age range in the 20's is what were looking for

9. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Grand Oasis is upgrade to Oasis. It is different building than Oasis however they both share same pools. Grand Oasis also have great restaurants and beach view. And room quality is better. If you are Oasis guest, you can only eat at buffet style restaurant, however if you are guest at Grand Oasis you can eat at specialized Asian, Italian and Seafood restaurant and also all other restaurants of Oasis.

I would choose Grand Oasis over Krystal because you will see bunch of single group of girls in their 20's at Grand Oasis easily. And, they come in different variety too, haha. Most of them are Spanish though, which I like the most :)

Yea, I am not going to Temptations anymore dude, it's not the place for young guys who wants to hook up with chicks in their 20's. I hated my stay at Temptations, not just me but my friends hated that too. Because, too many folks in their 40's acting young and wild and they all come in group, I saw many of their wives making out with young guys and other way around. Not my type of place to hang.

Also, temptations don't got beach, temptations got the lake view, haha. If you ever get bored at Grand Oasis pool, you can always take a walk at the beautiful beacha and make new friends there. Try it out once, see how you like it. I am going to Grand Oasis again in two months.

10. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And, here is something else:

We went to Temptations last July 4th Weekend. On our first night, we took party bus to Coco Bongo. When we got into the bus, we realized that entire bus was filled with guys except two woman who were both married and their husbands were on the bus too. Just think about disappointment here, entire bus filled with guys with only two women, haha.

And few months later, we went to Grand Oasis and this time we got into party bus from Grand Oasis to Coco Bongo and bus was equally filled. Girls to guys ratio was normal. I think there was more girls than guys, if not equal on both sides.

Big difference.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice