January 19th to 26th Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by jeflanne, Jan 29, 2013.

1. jeflanne

jeflanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Here is my unbiased review of the Temptations Resort, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I know some people on this site will give me a hard time for my candor, but I want to be as honest and as fair as possible.

We recently stayed from January 19th to the 26th. As a point of reference, we have stayed at numerous four and five star resorts in Cancun including Secrets Capri, Secrets Maroma, Riu Cancun, Fiesta Americana Condesa, and El Dorado Royale. We have also stayed at several other tropical resorts including Sandals St. Lucia, The Hyatt Aruba, Moana Surfrider (Hawaii), St Regis Princeville(Hawaii) and MonteLucia(Scottsdale). I only included all these in case you stayed at any of them, you have a reference point for my opinion.

Check In
    At check in our trip started off on a bad note. We had booked a Temptations Suite (I booked it on Temptations own website). However, the resort oversold rooms so there was no suite. In addition, the front desk was not helpful at all. They ended up putting us in a really crappy room the first night and then moved us the 2nd day. However, when they moved us, they put us in one of only two rooms in the whole resort without a deck/patio. After an enormous amount of complaining, they finally put us in a suite with a patio (room 1140).

Rooms
    We got to see several rooms and there is a big difference in quality. Our first room was by far the worst. The real problem was the bathroom. I have had better bathrooms in a Super 8 and that is not an exaggeration. Ironically, this was a room with a Jacuzzi on the patio. Later, we saw other people’s rooms that were the same type (Jacuzzi on the patio). However, their bathroom was actually pretty nice. I found it quite odd that you could have the same room type and the quality be significantly different. Maybe they’re in the process of remodeling those rooms and we got an old one. For our Temptations Suite, the room was decent. However, I wouldn’t call it a suite. I would consider it a standard room at a four star resort. The standard rooms at Temptation are quite small comparatively speaking.

Food
    The food was hit and miss.
    The breakfast buffet was pretty good. They always had good fresh fruit, and not just melons. They had bananas, pears, strawberries, oranges, kiwis. And they had a lot of choices. They also had cook to order eggs and I had every morning.
    Lunch was just meh. I never had a really good lunch. It was just average.

Dinner
    We went to the seafood restaurant twice. The first meal was actually outstanding. My wife got the fish that was really good and I ordered a Filet that was a very good steak. The second time we went however, I ordered the steak again and this time it was pretty bad. So it was kind of hit or miss.
    We went to the Asian restaurant once and it was ok.
    However, I am saving the best for last on food. We ate the Italian restaurant once and it was FANTASTIC. I would put it on par with any excellent restaurant at a five star all inclusive. Everyone ordered the potato soup and the lasagna and again, it was outstanding.
    Also, I want to add that they do a very good job at quickly turning the restaurants. The service is quick and good.

Drinks
    Sorry guys, but the drinks suck. You just have to deal with it. It’s alcohol, and that’s all you need. I would say most of us were disappointed in the drinks.

Nightly Entertainment
    We didn’t go to many of the planned entertainment. We watched the Saturday night dance show which was pretty good. They also had some bands and DJs that were also good.

People
    Let’s face it. This is why you come to this resort. The people were fantastic. By the end of the second day, we met up with four other couples (3 of them veterans), and this is really what made the difference for us. We had a rocking time all week with these guys. All the ladies dressed up for each of the theme nights (more on that in a minute). We all went on the Boobs Cruise. And we all went to the Isle of Mujeres one day. We had an unbelievable time and it’s because we met these great couples.

Theme Nights
    We participated in all the theme nights except one. The best two had to be school girl and lingerie night. If you could see our pictures, you would understand. The girls all looked super hot in their outfits which led to some fun naughtiness at Paty’Os. I’d say 10-20% of the people did the cancuncare theme nights.

Boobs Cruise
    The weather for most of the week was mediocre, however for the Boobs Cruise our weather was good. If the weather was bad for this cruise, it would dampen the fun. But the weather was good and we had a GREAT, GREAT time on the cruise. Believe it when they say everything happens on this cruise. We saw everything, and I mean everything. And it was an absolute blast. The only complaint I have is when you stop for lunch, there were other people there including kids. The ladies felt a little uncomfortable in their thong bikinis with no tops. But that is the only complaint I have. It is well worth the money and I recommend everyone do it.

Paty’Os
    If you have never been, let me describe Paty’Os. It is an outside bar just outside the lobby. This is where everything happens at night. It is diamond shaped and it is probably 150 by 150 feet. It is surrounded by two stories of rooms. The reason I bring that up is that the resort can get chilly at night when the wind is blowing at 20 mph, especially when all your lady has on is skimpy lingerie. However, Paty’Os is pretty well protected from the elements. But if the wind gets up to 25 mph+, it can windy in there too and a little chilly for the girls. If there isn’t any wind, you don’t need to worry about getting cold there at night.

Swingers
    We’re not swingers. We did get approached a couple of times but it was no big deal. They are very respectful and actually a lot of fun. If you are concerned about this, don’t be.

Summary
    Sorry for the long review, but I wanted to be thorough. In closing I would characterize the resort at 2.5 stars but it can be 5 star fun if you get out and meet all the fun couples. I think my wife and I will be back. Next time, we will probably stay here for five nights and then wind down at a Secrets Maroma kind of place for three days. Seven days of straight partying is a little much for us. I love the concept of this place. I just wish we could find a four star resort with the same energy and naughtiness. Message me if you have any questions I can answer.

2. dandgigi

dandgigi Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 1
    Same thing happened with our room at check in. First the key did not work, so waited an hour for mainteance to fix, then had to go to front desk to get new keys. The room was filthy, not even made up. We slept on top of the covers.
    Next day we were finally moved (at 3pm). You are right, the front desk was no help.

3. LionsNzebras

LionsNzebras I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0
    Thank you.

4. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I would not be so kind in my TR if I got screwed around with the crappy room like you did. Imagine the time you would have had if you had been in the room you were planning to stay in.

5. jeflanne

jeflanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I was pretty pissed about that. But they did get us in the proper room the second day (even though we didn't have any hot water in the shower). We didn't get that until the third day :)

6. kimandkorri

kimandkorri Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0
    Thanks for your trip review. It is pretty accurate and I agree with you on pretty much everything you have to say. We have been 9 times will be making our 10th trip in March. In all the times we have been I do not think we have ever stayed in the room they originally assigned to us. My wife is a very squeaky wheel and we have always ended up with a very nice room, although a few times we have had to upgrade.

I agree it is nowhere near a 4-5 star hotel. We have stayed at 4-5 star hotels in Cancun/Rivera Mya that had incredible rooms. But, we have never had as much fun at those places. We have gone after a few days at Temptation to relax before going home, but instead of relaxing we seemed to stew about oud decision for not staying at Temptation the whole trip.

Once again, thanks for the report.

7. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Very good trip report.

I agree with your food assessment. I think we are in the minority, though. I am not a food snob by any means but I definitely do not gain any weight on the trip. I do not go to TTR for the food. If I did, we would get reservations at the specialty restaurants. A task we usually fail to get done.

Fortunately, I have only had one time when I asked to switch rooms. They would not do it until the next day which was annoying since the room was located across from a very loud Nice Shoes but it did get done.

22 more days......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice