Jacuzzi rooms worth the extra ?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by westhamcpl, Oct 13, 2014.

1. westhamcpl

westhamcpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Hi guys and gals,
    Our 3rd visit coming up and thing of splashing out a little extra on a jacuzzi room for £300 ($480).

Is the extra expense really worth it?
    I'm thinking yes just because we could get a ground floor room near the quote pool but £300 is £300 that could be used elsewhere.

Cheers

2. shinerfrog

shinerfrog Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    Yes it is, if it gets used. And by used we mean shared. :3some:

3. westhamcpl

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    We are hoping it will get well well used ;)

4. Redrum

Redrum Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We always get a Jacuzzi. There are multiple advantages for us the tub is a great place to rinse our scuba gear but it guarantee's you a ground floor room. It guarantee's you a room around the quiet pool (sometimes you need to get away from the noise) the balcony is bigger so you can entertain more people. That's all before you even think of the fact that you have a 2-8 person tub on your balcony that there could be a lot of fun in. :D

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    You should be paying $50 extra a night so it depends how many nights that $480 covers. We just got back this weekend and they are redoing many of them. Hurts supply right now but will make them even more worth the $ when they are done.

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    [​IMG]Some people get them and never use them and other do

It is not a Jaccuzi but a jetted tub, take 20 to 30 minutes to fill up every time.

You are at the far end of the resort, again ,, depends on what you want

Floors are treacheroussly slippery ,, get extra towels from the pool boy and lay them on the floor

Expect unexpected visitors ( tub in on the outside deck , ground level :)

Picture is from the Drops Of Love package available but same room .

7. westhamcpl

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

We are staying for 7 nights so the pre booking works out a bit dearer but I would rather pay now than out of our spending money.
    Although saying that o have just prix snot up and it's £332 extra if bought now, what's the odds of getting a decent one on arrival for $50 a night?

Cheers

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    So last week some nights they were sold out but most they were not. So there was a chance u would have to wait a night or two to get in. However, the price was $50 a night. In the past we have tried I believe 3 times and all 3 received them at $50. They will of course quote u higher so u have to counter with $50.

The variable right now is they were redoing 6-8 of them last week so that of course decreases the supply.

If u really really want one then $70 a night is worth locking it in. I do think your chance is better than 50% to get the upgrade at $50 once on site. And 100% that you could get it for at least part of your stay.

When r u going again? Time of year also effects availability. For example next week should be easy but Halloween would be more difficult.

9. westhamcpl

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

17th - 24th Feb 2015

10. Spyre

Spyre Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'd say they are not worth it. The tubs are too small to really be useful for more than a couple minutes with 3+ people so it's really just more of a quick novelty. For 50 more a week maybe, but I fail to see getting 50-70 bucks of enjoyment out of it a night. Spend that same money on a bunch of fireball and booze they don't have the resort and have lots of parties in the room which would be way, way more fun. Unless you get the super big suites with the real jacuzzi which would actually be more useful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice