Itinerary

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Alice, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Alice

Alice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been combing these boards to find what I hope is a nice mix of downtown and hotel zone restaurants and activities. The problem I have is I'm taking my 2 daughters (16 and 19) and their best friends (17 and 19). The big girls have been away at college so they are going to be pretty comfortable with the party scene and legal to drink in Cancun. I want to find some moderate nightlife/entertainment that isn't over the top that we can all go to for a few hours in the evening. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Saturday – arrive 11:45 - transfer with Brant – check in Royal Sands
    Dinner: 6:30 La Habichuela (make resv)
    Taxi to Wal-Mart for provisions – Taxi back to hotel

Sunday
    Dinner: Hacienda Sisal – Royal Sands (make resv)
    Evening: Bar at Hacienda Sisal

Monday
    Lunch: Mocambo then shop at Plaza Caracol across the street
    Dinner: Captains Cove
    Evening: Pancho's and Willie's after dinner

Tuesday - Tulum Xel-ha all-inclusive Private Express with Brant

Wednesday - Morning beach – afternoon shop downtown Canun
    Dinner: La Parilla (maybe the sports bar to play pool)
    Evening: Black Pearl

Thursday
    AquaWorld or Isla Mujera
    Dinner: El Asador or downtown Isla
    Evening:

Friday
    Dinner: El Asador or Paloma Bonita or Carlos N Charlie
    Evening: Carlos N Charlie

Saturday – check out – depart with Brant for 1:40 flight

Thanks again,
    Alice
    revised 040207

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Honestly, my suggestion would be play it by ear a bit more.

There's no reason to have every little thing planned out for you. Who knows what new friebds you (or the girls) are going to meet or what might be going on that you don't know about now.

I say pick one places you wnat to eat and plan to get there sometime during you stay but play the rest of it by ear...except for your day at Tulum nd Xel-Ha. No reason not to preplan that.

As for the rest of your activitries (ie shopping) you'll have plenty of tiem for that but again, I don't think it needs to be planned out specifically.

Enjoy all of what Cancun has to offer...don't be tied to a schedule.

3. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is Captains Cove open?

I agree with the sentiment to stay flexible... and add El Cejas to one of your choices! Right in the middle of Market28.

Is Captains Cove open again? Last year it was still wiped out (from Hurricane Wilma)

Steve and Laurie Jones
    Auburn, GA

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't forget to go to Isla!

First - I think Alice is being particularly prudent.

It's good to have a plan so that you're not spending all day taxi-ing from one off-the-cuff across town to another instead of enjoying what's nearby - which is what can easily happen if you don't have a plan.

And it's particularly prudent to have a plan when you've got a party of 5 you want to keep coordinated and on the same page.

I'm afraid Alice, that I can't advice you on any low-key clubs - or any good advice on clubs in Cancun at all for that matter, given that I visit them only on rare occasion.

I would, however, consider spending at least one afternoon on the Island (Mujeres) and then partying that night on the strip there as it is very entertaining and at the same time, very safe and very low key. It's also less expensive than Cancun proper.

You can get a ferry to take you there from either of the last 2 bus stops of the Number 1-A bus that goes that route. (You can catch that bus anywhere along the single street on which the hotel zone is built and it will have the words "Puerto Morelos" painted on the front window.)

If you'd like an idea of what you'll see there, there are some excellent videos available here in the forum in Chicago Tom's posts:

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/search.php?search_author=ChicagoTom

and I have a feeling that Chicago Tom would respond promptly and positively to any inquiries.

5. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again Karen. I am a major planner, but not afraid to abandon anything we are not up for.

Alice

6. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve and Laurie - thanks for responding. Do you have an opinion on which of the downtown restaurants on my itinerary I should replace with El Cejas?

Thanks,
    Alice

7. tikidaddy

tikidaddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I were not overly impressed with Labna. Something about it didn't hit me right. That said, different strokes...ya know.

8. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Naoautorizada - Thank you, and I loved ChicagoTom's video. I'm from the Chicago area also, so his trip reports caught my eye. I will see if the girls want to go to Isla, I didn't add it origanally because I didn't want to be too busy while we are there. Thanks for the suggestion.

Alice

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    El Cejas is only open for lunch so if you go there you could do it in conjunction with shoppingat MArket 28. El Cejas is in Market 28.

If it wer me, I would forget Perico's or Labna and head to La Parilla. I think the food there is much better than both other places and it has a very nice dinner atmosphere as well...not as touristy as Pericos but I tend to avoid touristy places as much as possible.

You could then try El Asador as it was one of your choices for another night along with La Parilla. The two are totally different kinds of places with totally different atmospheres. It would be nice to experience then both.

10. Alice

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Karen I was struggling with Perico's because it seemed a bit too crazy. I personally do not enjoy a "Chuckie Cheese" type atmosphere but I have read many great reviews. I'm going to switch it to La Parilla's. What is Market 28 like? Is it an open air market? Is it clothes or souvenirs? I want to make sure the girls get to check out at least one traditional open air market but I know they are going to want to shop for handbags, shoes, swimsuits and clothes in general also.

Thanks,
    Alice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice