Is this what a ping pong ball feels like

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by 23hooter, Apr 15, 2014.

1. 23hooter

23hooter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to GOV from April 25 thru May 4th for $700 less then TTR. We have been on about 15 all inclusive week vacations. The most fun we have ever had was at Blue Bay Getaway and TTR, a total of 4 times. We went to Punta Cana in October because we weren't as happy with TTR the last time. When GOV switched over we decided to go there and give it a shot. This is where the ping pong ball comes in. These trip reports are all over the place. I think that is why I am so looking forward to seeing for myself the good and bad. We booked in November and what we paid for this trip, even if we ate out most of our meals after the first 3 days it would still be a bargain. Hoping it doesn't come to that. I really appreciate all the trip reports. Everybody has their opinions. I just don't understand all the bashing of someone's opinion. IT IS THEIR OPINION! Anyway looking forward to our trip, meeting some fun people and keep the trip reports coming. YOUR SERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
  3. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Take every review, good or bad, with a grain of salt; they are opinions, and you will have your own when you get back. I will say that if you require a resort to cater to your every whim, and entertain you from sun-up to sun-down with constant prodding, this may not be the resort for you.

There are still some that infer that we had to lower our expectations to have fun. We did not. We always try to manage our expectations, but we know how to have fun with or without others telling us how. I also do not need a resort to fan my balls when I snap my fingers. (I can do that myself!!)

4. Scott'N'Jenn

Scott'N'Jenn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    We saved nearly $700 over TTR as well and get in on the 24th. After 4 trips to TTR in the last 2 year years we wanted to try something different and the new concept seemed to fit the bill. (both ways)
    There seems to be a lot more positive reports coming in lately and that is fine by us. We are not going to let waiting an extra 5 minutes for a drink or food wreck our week. Hiring more staff sounds like the common theme and I'm sure they will eventually get it all straightened out.
    We knew enough from the reviews to book an upgraded room so we don't get the motel 6 and really the rest of the week is what you make it.
    Next Thursday can't get here soon enough!

5. opusrex

opusrex Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    See you there!

6. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    ... see YOU there... seeing them there...¿Sí?

7. Nursemandy

Nursemandy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

The big difference seems to be the way the reports are done up.

The bad ones seem to focus on the resort and not the entire experience.

When they factor the good times they had the report goes up a few notches.

Hence the huge difference in ''opinions'' on the overall experience.

CC members are good at having a good time at average resorts, if you know what i mean :)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree Donald.

If I were doing a TR on my trip to TTR and left out how much fun I had due to the people, mine might sound a little more negative too, but it doesn't change the fact that TTR was a blast.

Rusty metal furniture in rooms, no alarm clock, only 2 bottled waters per day dispite asking maid for more, stinky water, gross buffet food that all tasted like Mole sauce, lol... I could go on. :)

So, I try to take all these reports with a grain of salt. OR a spoonful of sugar. Not sure which. :biggrinbandit:

I just want more topless people and crowded pools and rowdiness to enhance my 'party' mode! :headbanger:

10. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    Our philosophy is don't sweat the small shit .... and there's always small shit. Life and all that comes with it even happens while on vacation. We try to keep in mind that no vacation resort is ideal ...... and it's unrealistic to think it could it be. I think you're right in sticking with your plans.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice