Is there a hurricane outside?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    It's pretty bad outside, with the wind howling and rain.

I have a catamaran booze cruise to Isla tomorrow with 30 people... should be fun!

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Oh Steve
    the wind is still howling outside - not sure I would want to be on that cruise today.
    Good Luck
    Tracey

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were on the Dolphin Discovery ferry back to Cancun when this hit, holy (insert expletive here). Teeth chattering, uncontrollable shivering, wet, cold wind, waves and a tough docking job for the captain. On the way back downtown we saw one of the pirate ships had crashed up against the bridge with all its Christmas lights aglow (and banging in the wind).

And today? Brrrrrrrr. (And yet it's 20 C).

Sorry about your cruise Steve. :(

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw the pirate ship too! I thought maybe they meant to do that but then I took a closer look at the bridge and there was some damage.....meanwhile I'm driving over it thinking....is this bridge going to hold???

6. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just coming back from Holbox. It was awful over there last night and this morning... but I am back :lol: means the boats (some at least) crossed.

By the way, thanks for the info about the new road. And the Km! Because there is no indication in either way, so it is a good guess :D

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went over to Isla Mujeres today and the crossing was very rough and choppy. It was a terribly cold day to be anywhere near the water. But my kid still had fun driving a golf cart all over the place.

If this were a hurricane it would by definition by WARMER! I'm afraid this is most definitely not tropical weather, it's arctic. I've heard there is worry of freezing temps in Florida; when that happens you know it's bad.

8. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    be happy that you are back... right now its getting colder and the strong wind is not making it better...

weather in cancun sounds fun to me especially because i forgot my warm clothes at home. :roll:

9. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It was 8 degrees on my way to work this morning! And snow everywhere!! Be happy you are in cancun and NOT up here near chicago where we are getting pounded by snow and COLD temps!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice