Is the new zona hotelera Chedraui out of price?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by k-stars, Jan 14, 2016.

1. k-stars

k-stars Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    After a year We comming back to Cancun.We find that a more Closer grocery store open in zona hotelera.Is it out of price compare to Walmart grocery section? I know they have a wine bar and you can taste a glass of wine during your shopping (outStanding!)?

2. k-stars

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Lol,i guests not.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Chedraui in the HZ has prices comparable to those in town, if just slightly higher to compensate for the higher rents they must pay.

It also has a lovely deck on which you can sit in the shade, in the open air, and have drinks and something to eat, and an attractive cafeteria like area indoors.

Soriana has also opened a store in the HZ which is quite nice and also has prices comparable to those in town.

These are big improvements for those living or staying in the HZ who are not in all inclusives and want to take advantage of the potential savings on food and drink.

4. k-stars

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    V: Thank you for the infos.BTW where is the News Soriana store in the HZ?

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Soriana's in Kukulkan Plaza.

6. k-stars

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Hi
    update. We went to Chedraui selecto in the zona hotelera. Very nice store.Clean,colorfull and something we did not see very often in mexican foodstore...Fresh bread and pastry in plastic bags.Nice wine island,where you can get a glass of wine and sipe it ,while you are shopping.I`m not aware of Mexican rules about public drinking,but we saw people oppening their wine and/or beer at the food court and eating what they order whit it.If you go there to eat,be patient,its mexico.You can get a frozen drink virgin or whit some liquor or hard stuff in it. Cool!

7. k-stars

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    (In addition)
    Chedraui selecto has a very large selection of booze,aperos and digestives.The wine selection is not too bad.Fresh fruits and vegetables are well presented.Cold beverages are keept cold.They got a nice section of souvenirs and clothes.They surely made an effort of getting international brand of food.(Mainly,north american).:ernaehrung015:

8. k-stars

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    ( o )( o )

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  9. k-stars

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    After several time of operation ,This place have became à Nice stop for us.You Can have a regular coffe,a Frozen coffe .And if you want,They can put some irish cream ,Kaluha or Else in it.You can sip it in a comfy a/c zone or on the out door Terrace At the top of the building.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice