Introduction

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Katie9136, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Katie9136

Katie9136 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone! :wave:
    My name is Katie. I´ve been lurking for about a month now, getting to know y´all (yes, I´m from Texas) and trying to get a feel of the board. That sounds kind of creepy, I know.
    A little background on me: Been living in Cancun since August 2008. Here because when I met my now Mexican husband, he was in the US illegally. After talking with five or so attorneys, we concluded it was best to come to Mexico and wait it out (he was deported once in 2003 and is banned for 10 years). I am 23 years old and 8 months pregnant with my first child, a boy. I have a fabulous house with a SMALL yard and a little puggle that came along with us. I have a pretty good job and have a love/hate relationship with living in Cancun. I might be a slight fan of yours RiverGirl, lol. I like learning new things about the place I live and appreciate how different everyone´s opinions are.
    Anyways, just wanted to out myself. I think I am ready to come out of lurkedom : )

Annnnnd a question because I have only caught bits and pieces here and there on the news - what the eff did Greg get himself in to? Why did he resign or go on leave and was the dramatic breakdown of his wife at the press conference really necessary?

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome! (I'm new, too. There was a bit of lurking on my end as well.)

What's this about Greg? Ok, now I'm heading over to Google...

3. Epic

Epic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She was complaining about the death threats sent to her mother & the rest of her family. That & also the supposedly fake rumors that are spun around her husband (Greg Sanchez) & herself and how non of them have stuck due to the fact evidence was never provided to support such claims... basicly asking for the harassment to stop.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Welcome, Katie! Most of us can understand the love/hate concept when it comes to life in Cancun.

Love to hear more about your job, when you feel ready to share more.

V.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Katie - Glad you came out of lurkerdom Katie, welcome!

6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Welcome Katie

I lurked for a while before jumping in and Rivergirl was the first person I met in Cancun.
    We all have a love/hate relationship with living here - depending on the day I guess.
    Anyway welcome
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tracey, I thought you were going to end that sentence with "Rivergirl" and not "living here".

I had to read it twice to make sure.

Jaja,

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - With friends like you I don't need any enemies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice